Chapter 4 + 5 (Joined)

We 'worked' on our project for about an hour. Worked being arguing  over what song we were going to sing. We were debating between beneath your beautiful by Labrinth Ft. Emeli Sandè and Just give me a reason by P!nk Ft. Nate Ruess. He was arguing for the latter.

"Why can't we do Just give me a reason? It's easier. And unlike you, singing is not my hobby." Kol whined.

"Well, we'll get better marks for Beneath your beautiful."

"Not if one of us stuffs up."

"Not if YOU stuff up." 

"I refuse to do Beneath your beautiful. It's too soppy."

"Fine." I held my hands up in surrender. He smirked.

"I knew you'd come round to my way."

I sighed. "Well, I'd better email in our choice to Ms. Carson, if we want to get it approved before anyone else thinks of it."

I opened up my laptop and did just that.

"It might be a good idea to listen to it a few times before we attempt to sing it. Its easier if you know the  the basic tune, and I already know like half the lyrics anyway."

"Okay, do you have it?"

"On my phone." I chucked it to him.

"Really?" He asked, holding up my phone to show my 'Doctor Who' background.

"What? I like Doctor Who. Problem?"

He just chuckled. I have to say, Kol was annoying, arrogant, and severely got on my nerves, but I could put up with him. I actually enjoyed our banter. He could keep up very well. I still don't know exactly what made me decide to invite him into my house, but never mind. He had just put Just give me a reason on, so we listened to it a few times before he announced;

"Well, it's late, I should be going."

I looked at my watch. It wasn't that late, but I wasn't complaining.

"Yes, yes you should." 

"That hurts. I thought you were actually starting to enjoy my company. Or are you covering up your sorrow of our parting with bitterness that you can't be as amaing as me?" He said, winking at me.

"Goodbye Kol." I said, rolling my eyes. "I will see you tomorrow."

"Bye, Beth." And with that, he walked out the door. After that, I just locked up and went straight to bed.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We continued like this for around 2 weeks. Working on our project some of the time and others we had TV and movie marathons, though they generally turned into explain-a-thons, as Kol still hadn’t caught up with the times yet. I guess that's the disadvantage of being locked in a coffin for a few hundred years. We were becoming friends, and I have seen he really isn’t as bad as he makes out to be. It’s all really a mask, though he would never admit that. I found out more about his history, and he, mine. It felt weird opening up. I kept many secrets even from Caroline and Stefan, some of which Kol now knows. He was  frustrating, but also enjoyable to be around, with his witty comments and good sense of humor. He really is different to what I expected. He is still extremely annoying, but I have gotten used to it. I had come to look forward to our meetings, which was a strange sensation.

It was Saturday night, around 6:30. We had a dance the next weekend, and I was looking for accessories for my dress on the Internet, when I heard a knock on the door. I smiled; I knew who that would be.

“Just come on up Kol.”

I heard the door open and close and then footsteps coming up the stairs.

“Hey Kol.”

“Hey Beth. What you up to?”

“Looking for accessories for my dress for the dance.”

“Oh really, who are you going with?” His voice had a unrecognizable tone. I looked up at him in surprise, but his expression was strained. Jealousy?

“No one. I’m going solo, like I always do.” I said closing my laptop and standing up.

“Well, in that case. Would you like to come with me?” He smiled.

“I don’t know.” I was unsure, would it really be good to be seen so publicly with Kol Mikaelson? Oh, Stefan would not be happy, he was alraedy resentful about our project together.

“Please?” He pouted. That really didn't work on him. It was pretty cute though.

“If you mean super hot when you say cute, then yes, yes I am.” He smirked.

“I just said that out loud, didn’t I?”

He just smirked at me.

“Fine. I will go with you.”

“What colour dress are you wearing?”

“Dark blue and silver.”

http://www.onlinepromdress.com/Prom-Dresses/2013-Prom-Dresses/8916.html

“Very nice. So do we want to work or do something else?”

“Well, I don’t particularly want to work, so want to watch a movie?”

“Sure. I really want to see that vampire movie everyone obsesses over, Twilight, is it?”

I groaned, I mean, I have the movie, but seriously, sparkling vampires?

“Fine. Torture me.”

He chuckled and headed downstairs to my TV room with me following close behind.

Turns out we didn’t get to watch much of the movie, Kol spent most of it having a laughing fit over how stupid the idea of sparkling vampires, then he started ranting about ‘what is the problem with the stakes and garlic idea?” and “Why do people find this entertaining?” It was all rather entertaining and I laughed along with him. We finished watching the movie around 9:30, and he decided he should go home and tell his siblings all about Twilight. He even borrowed it from me. We were standing at the door.

“See you Kol.”

He remained silent staring at his feet. I waved my hand in front of his face.

“Kol?”

He looked up. Only then did I become conscious of how close we were. He leant forward and pressed his lips to my cheek.

“Goodnight, Bethany.” He whispered in my ear. With that he sped away into the night, leaving me standing on my doorstep, staring after him.