Chapter 14

**Dedicated to VanessaLizana, a devoted reader :D**

"Uh, No. Just, no"

The music video for Just give me a reason, was, well... Interesting? I mean, it was a good video, but there were some rather passionate parts in it, which I did not particularly want to replicate with Kol. Alas, of course he was insisting we did. I sighed. There was no way I was going to get out of this. I had no idea what I felt for Kol. I liked him, sure. Once you got over the arrogance and deadly air he was a lot of fun, but, nevertheless, he was a vampire.

"Nope. I refuse to do any other version of this video."

He grinned at me, seemingly amused by my annoyance.

"Fiiiiinnnneeee... since we have the singing part basically perfected, and you have been remarkably cooperative, I guess I can possibly do this.... Maybe..."

His grin got even wider, if that was even possible.

"I knew you'd see my way eventually."

I sighed, again. I seemed to be doing a lot of that since I started hanging around Kol.

"So when shall we meet up to film this, my house or yours?"

"Mine. I don't think could stand the shame in your house, considering I am friends with the majority of your family."

"My house it is then." He smirked.

"Ugh." I put my head on the dusk in frustration.

"Well, if you ditched Elijah and came with me on Friday, I might consider doing it at your house."

"Nope. Not going to happen."

Kol looked hurt, that was new.

"Why are you going with him anyway?"

"That's for me to know and you to be jealous about. Now, I will see you later."

"What? But the bell hasn't even-"

As predicted the bell ringing cut him off. I smirked and waltzed out of the classroom, leaving him looking baffled and rather annoyed. 

I head towards the Grill straight after music, remembering my meeting with Stefan. When I got there, the grill was already starting to fill up with people, and I spotted Caroline with Elena and Bonnie. Stefan wasn't here yet so I headed over to them.

"Hey Caroline, Bonnie."

"Hey Beth." They replied in unison.

"How are things? We never see you anymore." Asked Caroline.

"Good, good. I miss hanging with you though. We should organize something."

"No they shouldn't. You are a traitor to our side."

I turned to Elena.

"I was never on 'your side'. I will be on whatever side I want. Don't think just because I'm close with Stefan that I will EVER help you. The only reason I have done in the past is because of Stefan and don't think I will ever help him again when it comes to you."

I saw Stefan walk in.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and have a D and M with your boyfriend."

I walked over to Stefan, and I could feel Elena's gaze mentally burning hole in my back.

"Hey Stefan!"

"Hi Beth."

We went at sat down at a secluded table in the corner.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Well Beth. I am concerned for your safety."

"What? Why?"

I took a sip from my drink, grimacing at the bitter taste. This was so not what I like, which Stefan knew. This was... Elena's favourite drink. Ugh.

"You are becoming too close to the Originals. They are dangerous. Do you not realize that?"

"Duh. But Stefan, I choose to hang around them, and they really do make very good company."

He looked at me skeptically.

"They do. The only reason you have problems with them is 'cause of Klaus and Elena issues."

"Well. I believe they may be using you."

"For what? My awesome company?"

"No. To get to Elena."

Oh no, he didn't.

"So really, you have absolutely no concern for my wellbeing, just Elena's. 'Cause she is just so special that everyone evolves around her. Make sense. For a moment there I thought you cared."

I stood up.

"Won't be seeing you Stefan."

I walked out, past Elena who was rushing over to Stefan as he looked quite upset. Well, good. His fault.

I seemed to be drifting away from a lot of friends lately. I cannot decide if that is positive or negative.

I walked outside into the cool dusk air and started the rather tiresome walk home.

**Filler chapters... hate them... well never mind! I hope you enjoyed it! Vote & comment if you feel like it :) -Jade**