Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Kol’s P.O.V

I walked to Central park, wanting to get a bit of peace after that. I knew I was covered in blood, but at the moment, I didn’t care a bit. I strolled casually along the path. I’m so glad I ditched school, I mean, who cares? I didn’t care about anything anymore, though I felt slight unease about the loss of Bethany, but that was in the past now, and I forget the past all too easily.

Beth’s P.O.V.

I awoke to the sound of nature, literally. I was laid down on a patch of grass in what looked like central park.

“Thank you Esther.” I whispered, before standing up shakily.

I promptly fell down again. I tried again, this time succeeding. I looked down at myself and realized I didn’t feel or look the same. I was taller, and slimmer. I put my hands up to my head and ran my hand through my hair. That seemed the same. I pulled it down in front of my eyes. Uh, not the same. It was now a dark brown, compared to my previous light brown. Never mind. I quite liked my new look so far, though I haven’t seen my face yet, so I can’t say anything. I jumped as a voice sounded behind me.

“What’s a pretty little thing like you doing out here all alone?”

I looked up and a smile lit up my face.
“KOL!”

I tried to hug him, but he sped behind me. He was covered in blood. I didn’t even want to know.

“Who the hell are you?”

I felt my joyful expression melt off my face. Do I really look that different?

“Kol, it’s me, Bethany.”

He flinched at my name.

“She’s dead.”

“I was, but then I came back! Aren’t you happy?”

He pinned me to a tree, looking exceedingly angry.

“You are not Bethany. She is dead.”

He threw me to the ground and his fangs extended. He was going to kill me.

“Wait Kol!” I stood and put my hands up in surrender.

“What?” He spat.

“Remember that time that we sat on the couch and watched Twilight? And how you couldn’t stop laughing at the stupidity of it? And how you got really annoyed because you tried to eat popcorn and it got stuck in your teeth and you were attempting to get it out for the rest of the movie?” I paused, noticing that I was crying. Kol had frozen.

“And when we first met and I thought you were an A-class git? And how the teacher forced me to help you and made us do a project together, which we then ditched to go here?”

I was full on crying now, but Kol just looked indifferent.

“It’s me Kol. I’m Bethany.”

We stood there, just looking at each other. Slowly, I saw emotion creep back onto Kol’s face. He ran up and enveloped me in an embrace.

“Beth?” He said in a husky voice.

“I’m here Kol, I’m here.” I buried my face in his shirt, not caring whether it was bloody or not.

“How?”

“Don’t even ask, and stop ruining the moment.”

He chuckled. I avoided his question. I knew I would probably have to tell him one day, but now was not the time. I knew he hated Esther, and I don’t think the fact that she saved me would go to well with him.

He bent down and pressed his lips against mine gently. He tasted coppery, like blood but surprisingly it didn’t disgust me. I ran my hands though rather matted his hair. Things quickly became heated, and he pulled away, breathless.

“Maybe we should take this to the apartment.”

“Kol. I have something to ask you first.”

He stepped away with a curious expression.

“And what may that be, love?”

I hesitated. I knew he would jump at this idea and that I couldn’t go back on it once I asked. Well, YOLO.

**Thanks for the support everybody! You don’t know how much it means to me :D –Jade**

Klaus Vs Elijah? Who would win?