Chapter. 3 A Mother's Love Never Wanted

I firmly gripped my hands around Eve's neck. Eve forcefully broke into a nervous laughter.

Eve: (smiling nervously) Z-Zael. C-Cut it out, you're hurting m-me...

Zael: (coldly) Am I now?

I tighten the grip around my hand and Eve let out a short yelp. I couldn't care less what happens to her, not after I saw that scythe she was using. That was the Zetsumeigai, the sacred weapon of the Soul Kingdom passed down from a long line of reaper kings. If Eve has it, that must mean she's my-

Eve: Ugh...Z..ael....ah..haa...

Eve began gasping for air, she didn't even try to resist at all. I suddenly stopped choking her and she fell to the floor gasping for air. I put on a cold demeanor and confronted her.

Zael: (coldly) Tell me...MOTHER, did you have a fun time making a fool out of me?

Eve: (nervously) Z-Zael-? W-What are you talking about??

Zael: (coldly) Drop the innocent act, hearing it now only makes me sick.

Eve: I-I'm not acting at all. P-Please Zael. This must be some kind of mistake.

My guard was suddenly let down when Eve started crying. But I regained my cold demeanor and pressed her on.

Zael: That...that won't work on me you wench-!

Eve: (crying) Ah...sniff..You're right. It doesn't matter what you think of me..I'm just so glad you're alright.I-I sorry for putting you through the trouble Zael! I..I should go now...

Zael: Eve wait-!

As Eve was about to leave with a heart filled with sorrow, my heart throbbed painfully and I couldn't help but call out to her.

Zael: Eve I...(sigh) I'm sorry for being so harsh on you. Just because you hold my mother's ring doesn't necessarily makes you her. But...you're not lying to me about anything right?

Eve wipes her tears away happily and confronts me happily.

Eve: (smiling) No! Of course not Zael!!

Zael: I see..(smiles) Then all is good.

Eve: Thank you Zael..Thank you for believing me.

I suddenly became startled as Eve unexpectedly hugs onto me.

Eve: And no matter what I do. Always know that I do it for you. (Sorrowfully) I want to keep you safe no matter what. I want to protect you at all cost. So..this is goodbye.

Eve suddenly break from my grasp and began to escape but I grabbed onto her hand once more.

Zael: Eve wait!! Where are you going?? What did you mean by that??

Eve: Z-Zael..Let go. I really have to go now.

Zael: No unless you tell me where you're going!

Eve: (nervously) I..can't tell you...

Zael: Then..when can I see you again?

Eve: I..don't know...

Zael: Eve....

I suddenly pulled her into a tight embrace again.

Zael: Please don't leave me..I don't want you to leave...You fill me with so much joy, even if I just met you this morning, I feel like you understood me more than anyone ever would. Please stay with me Eve..I love you.