Chapter 19. Dooms Day Trap

Zelphi: Hm. That's strange? It's already well past twelve. Where are the Nephilims? Did they finally decided to give up? Haha! Did my strength and perseverance finally scare them away??

Zelphi looked left and right and all other directions but not one of the faceless creatures appeared before her.

Zelphi: (uneasy) This can't be right, something's wrong here. I've been fighting them every night for the past 10 years already. There's no such thing as "giving me a break" with those monsters. What else could it be? Did the curse wear off or something? No...it's way too convenient.

Just then, snake-like shadows darted towards Zelphi in an arrowed motion, encompassing her before going for the bite. Zelphi immediately got out the Zetsumeigai and cut the shadows.

Zelphi: Hey who's there, come out!!

Shadow man: (menacingly) Fufufufufu.

Zelphi: That. Is one sinister chuckle. This is all your doing isn't it.

Before Zelphi could question him further, the shadowy man zoomed away with Zelphi following from behind.

Zelphi: Hey! Don't run!! You're not getting away from me that easily. I need answers!!

..........Change Perspective............

Mikazuki: (quietly) H-Hey...

Moon nudges the sleeping Mia and tries to get her awake.

Mikazuki: Heeey-!

Mia: Eeeeek-!!!

Mia screamed at the top of her lung as Moon panically covered Mia's mouth.

Mikazuki: (panicky) P-Please be quiet. I don't want them to hear. Y-You won't yell w-will you?

Mia: (uncertain) (Shakes head)

Mikazuki: Phew...that's a relief.

Mia: (timidly) Moon. W-Why are you here?

Mikazuki: (nervously) I..um...my friend, Lucoa. H-He wants to meet you. L-Let's go meet him-!

Mia: No. Mommy says to not go out at night. I'll go meet him with Mommy in the morning.

Mikazuki: But...ah...I...I promised Lucoa that I'll let him meet you tonight. (Sadly)...what should I do...?

Mia:..........Okay then. I'll go.

Mikazuki: What? You really will??

Mia: Mommy says to never break people's promises. So I'll go.

Mikazuki: Thank you M-Mia...I-Is it alright if I call you that?

Mia: (smiles) Sure!

Mikazuki: (blushes) Mia....(sweetly smile) Mia. It's such a cute name.

Mia: (blushes) T-Thank you....

Moon quietly led Mia outside and transformed into his dragon form. Mia became scared when Moon appeared as a dragon and decided to transformed back.

Mikazuki: S-Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you Mia.

Mia: (sniff)...O..Okay....

The two children quietly left the temple and made their way into the woods. It was eerily quiet as not even the cicadas chirped. As they went deeper and deeper into the forest, there was an uneasy feeling that welled up in Mia.