Chapter 18. Young Dragons of Seiryuu Temple

Deep in the forest,covered by the shades of the trees, a young voice cries out.

Mikazuki: Lucoa-! Lucoa! Are you there??
..........
Mikazuki: Ah-! There you are-! How are you doing? Are your wounds all healed up?
..........
Mikazuki: I see, that's good to hear. You certainly look a lot better than when I first found you. It makes me wonder how you got those wounds.
..........
Mikazuki: Huh? Oh, don't worry. I know better not to pry into others secrets.
..........
Mikazuki: What? You're asking me why I'm so happy? (Blushes) Well...earlier, I met a small angel. S-She was so cute..and..maybe around my age..I..I just thought maybe we could be-
..........
Mikazuki: What? More about her? Well...I didn't quite catch her name. But she had blonde hair, blue eyes, a-and a delicate expression.
..........
Mikazuki: Yeah-! There was a silver hair lady with her, how did you know?
..........
Mikazuki: What? Help you with something?
..........
..........
Mikazuki: Okay..I think I can handle that.
..........
Mikazuki: Huh? Are you sure?
..........
..........

..........
Mikazuki: I understand. I'll bring her here to meet you.

Change perspective:

Just as we were kicked out from Suzaku's Temple, Evi flew me down near the sides of the cliff. Her exotic wings stretched out magnificently as I watched in awe.

Evi: W-What is it..?

Zael: O-Oh-! Sorry about that. I can't help but look. Your wings are beautiful.

Evi: (sad smile) Thank you but...They really aren't that great.

Zael: What?! Why would you say that about yourself??

Zelphi: But it's the truth y'know.

Mother flapped her angel wings and descended to the ground. She tucked her wings behind her back and gave Evi a condescending stare, I couldn't help but flare up in anger.

Zael: (angrily) Mother-! Stay out of this!

Zelphi: (disappointed) Foolish child. If only you knew what lengths she had gone to obtain those wings. What crimes she had committed in using them. Has it never occurred to you that vampires aren't even born with bat wings in the first place??

Zael: That's..all in the past now.

Zelphi: Humph. So you say. But I know you're not going to listen to me and I can't make you listen, so I'll stop here. I've said my piece.

My relationship with mother is still pretty rocky. At first it was all due to negligence but now..we have a huge difference in opinion. I don't know if we'll ever get along as a mother and son should. But in any case, it's the least of my concerns.

Zelphi: (sigh) I wonder where we should look next? If Pride isn't with the Raven Princess, I don't know where else he would be.

Zael: Did it ever occur to you that Gluttony might've been lying?

Zelphi: (smiles dangerously) Hoho..If that's the case, I'll torture his soul when I get back.

Mother's words send a child down our spine. I hate it when she turns all psychotic. When she says that she'll do something, then she really means it. Just then, we were startled by the crunching leaves hidden from a distance. Mother jolted up and sped towards the noise with her scythe at hand. Killing intent seeps out as she closes in on her prey.

Zelphi: (psychotically) Fufu-! I got you now-!

There was an inaudible squeal and mother suddenly stopped attacking to her surprise. Moon was muted in terror. Seeing the traumatized little dragon, mother's personality did a complete 180 turn.