Chapter 14. Lord of the Flies

It's been a whole week of non stop sailing. I'm starting to get tired of this crap, and to think I was excited to ride on a ship for the first time back at port. The seas are boring, I mean, I do occasionally see giant sea monsters but it's not like they'll attack us out of nowhere. If anything, Sternum does catch those monsters in order to chew on their bones.

Sternum: Okay gang! If I'm reading the stars correctly, then we should have one more day before reaching Dread Isle.

Zael: Gah!! Finally! I was beginning to think this'll never end!!

That night we sailed, my anticipation kept me awake and I couldn't sleep. Thinking that I might see land at any moment, I decided to climb up the mast. Only to accidentally find someone who I did not want to see. Shol presses his white sleek dagger towards my neck at the sight of my appearance.

Zael: Gah-! The hell-?!

Shol:.........

He retreated his blade and turned away from me in a cold manner.

Shol: What do you want..?

Zael: (coldly) I should be asking you the same thing. You act as if you want to kill me every time we meet.

Shol: (mumbles) You're dangerous......

Zael: Huh-? What was th-

Before I could clarify what he said, Shol jumped down from the 15 meter mast and silently disappear into the night. Geez...what a weird guy, not sure I'll ever get along with him. But anyway, I don't see the island even way up here. Just how much longer..........Before I realized it, I fell asleep in the cold night. But apparently when I woke up, I was covered in a warm wool blanket, it had a peculiar smell that I liked.

In the morning, as we traveled, the sun was eerily being covered by the clouds. Dark murky waters rocked our ship as we closed in on the destination ahead of us.

Zael: There it is!! I see it!

A small island came into view. There it was, Dread Isle right in front of me. The island gave off a frightening vibe but for demons, frightening=good. No wonder Cere had his sights on this place. Deserted island filled with killer flies, it would certainly make a nice vacation home, that's for sure...minus the flies of course.

Suddenly, just as we were reaching towards land, we heard a loud buzzing sound that filled the air. The heck? What was that noise? All around us, an unidentified speck could be seen whisking into view. Seconds later I realized what they were.

Zelphi: Are those-Gasp!! Everyone take cover.

A huge swarm of deadly flies buzzed in the air. Those disgusting creatures were about a size larger than a tarantula with piranha like teeth and needled like stingers. We all got out our weapons and fended for ourself. Kurogai manifested and I sliced the fly that zoomed towards me in two. His slimy green blood exploded onto the ground and sizzled. More took it's place afterwards.

Mother had Mia behind her as she uses Zetsumeigai to vaporized the flies that even came near them. Shol proved to be too fast for the flies and jump all over the place freezing each one of them with the hilt from WeissStahl. I was about to go help Evi until I saw that she could hold her own against them. Evi unsheathes her sword that had a wing shaped hilt. It called upon her bats and they surrounded her, destroying off any flies that comes too close. Whoa...Evi's good. Guess she didn't need my help after all.

On the contrary to what we're doing, Cerebrum and his crew weren't faring that well. Their reaction slowed and were suddenly engulfed by the man eating flies, it tore off their flesh till it reached their bones. Sternum's body was already eaten in half. Just then, Cerebrum came in and eradicated the flies around the unmoving Sternum. At a stroke of misfortune, the flies tore off Cerebrum's flesh to reveal the bare bones from his hand as blood oozes out. Unfaze by the wound, he pierced the fly that was eating at his skin and let his ripped hand drip to the side.