Chapter 9

After her accidental confession followed by mine, we started to date each other. She asked me to be her girlfriend right away and of course I answered Yes. We decided to keep our relationship just between the two of us. It was easy since we see each other all the time because she tutors me.
*****

One lazy afternoon, we were on my room and just finished the lesson. I was sitting on my bed while she was lying down. The older girl was using my lap as her pillow. We were quietly just staring at each other, basking into each other’s perfection while I am playing with her hair. However, knowing Nayeon, she just couldn’t keep her mouth shut.

“Your Korean is really improving. You tutor must be really good.” She teased.

“I guess she’s really good at teaching. But she’s childish. I can’t even believe that she’s older than me.” I retorted back.

She just glared at me. I laughed a bit because of her cuteness. ‘What a baby’.

“I’m sorry unnie.”

“Stop that.” She’s still glaring at me.

“Stop what?” I was now a bit scared because she has this serious face on.

She sat up and faced me. “Stop calling me unnie. We’re dating now.”

I blushed because of her bluntness. And truthfully, I still can’t believe I am dating her. “Okay.” Is all I was able to mutter.

She then looked straight into my eyes, she still had this serious face but there is softness in her eyes. She extended her arms and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. But instead of pulling her hand back, it travelled further back. Her fingers are playing with the hair near my nape and her thumb tracing my jaw. This gesture made all of my hair stand up and my heart pound hard against my chest.

However, it wasn’t enough. She slowly leaned in while her hand still subtly holding my face right where she wanted it to be. When she was just an inch away from me, I can’t help but to close my eyes. I was so dazzled by her beauty. The moment my eyes closed, the distance between us did also.

That was my first kiss.

She slowly moved away, but her hand is still caressing my cheek. When my eyes opened, I saw her with a smirk on her face. “You wouldn’t kiss your “unnie” like that Mina.”

I probably look so silly with a red face and a smile I can’t seem to remove from my lips. “Okay, I get it now…

…Babe.”

I was also surprised by the new name I just called her so I just looked away feeling embarrassed.

“Aaaawww my Mina is super cute! Are you extremely shy right now?” She hugged me and messed with my hair. She was giggling the whole time.

“You’re really are so childish.” I teased her again.

She broke away from the hug. “You still love me tho, right?” She said with an innocent smile.

We have been dating for a while now but we never told each other those three words yet. And I’m not gonna lie and back out now. I do love her. I shouldn’t be afraid to let her know that.

I quickly gave her a peck on the lips. “ I love you, Nayeon.”

This time, it was her who had her face blushing.

“I love you more, Mina.”

*****

Nayeon was my first.  My first love.  My first kiss. My first in almost everthing.  And for a teenage girl like me at that time, I really believed that she's gonna be my last.  It is what everyone hopes for when you find someone you give your love to.  

But most of the time, the things you hope for aren't always the things that are meant to happen. 

Because Nayeon is my first.

She is my first heartbreak.