Chapter 17

The sound of my alarm banging through my head woke me up today. I turn it off, and immediately stretched out my arms to my right. I expected to embrace the body of my cute sleeping cub beside me, but I felt nothing. Then I panicked again. I sat up quickly, and ran my hands through my body. I’m fully clothed. Thank God. The scene yesterday replayed on my mind. ‘She definitely needs to tone down with her teasing.’ I thought to myself.

Then I look to my right again, and sadness filled my heart. ‘This might become a problem.’ I thought. ‘I can’t stand being away from her even for just a minute.’ Then I noticed a note laying on my table beside me. It read.

Goodmorning baby!

I have morning class today so I needed to rush back to my apartment to change clothes. I didn’t want to wake you up. Wear comfortable clothes today, let’s go out after your class. I’ll just text you later where we’ll meet. Also don’t forget to eat your breakfast, and always take care of yourself.

PS. You look super cute sleeping I wasn’t able to help myself so I stole a kiss from you. Hope you didn’t mind. Haha! :*

PPS. I love you.

And with that my day is already complete.
*****

The whole time I was at class, my attention is just on a certain little cub. I watched how the hand of the clock ticks until it finally read 5pm. As soon as all my classes ended, I immediately rushed to where my midget girlfriend is waiting for me. We agreed to meet up at the coffee shop where we always hang out. I was running when I finally saw her standing near the entrance of the shop. She was holding two cups of coffee with her.

As soon as she saw me, her big smile and dimples greeted me. And I can’t help but wonder how she manages to take my breath away every single time.

“I’m sorry, did you wait long for me?” I was still catching my breath.

“I didn’t.” She takes her hanky out from her bag and wiped the little beads of sweat on my forehead. “Don’t run next time, you fragile little penguin.” She looks at me waiting for me to respond, and I just nodded my head. “I already got you your usual.” She hands me my cup of coffee, and I just reached for it and gave her my signature gummy smile as thank you.

We started walking with her leading the way. “Let’s get something to eat.” She offers and I again just nodded in response. When the distance between us became a little bit wider, she reached out for my hand. Warmth welcomed me as she held it. “Why didn’t you tell me you’re cold?” She asks. I just shrugged. Then she placed my hand near her mouth and blew hot air on it to further warm it up. As if it wasn’t enough, she kept on rubbing it with her thumb. I just stared at her.

“You’re being extremely quiet. Is there something wrong?” She asks worriedly.

What she didn’t know is that I’m trying to contain all my feelings. I’m just not used to her being this sweet to me, most especially in public. The extremely cool and chic Chaeyoung that I know is now different from the one standing beside me. Sure, “my favourite dongsaeng version” of her was sweet to me, I just didn’t expect the “girlfriend version” of her to be on a whole new level.

“Were you always this sweet, soft, and mushy type of girlfriend?” I blurted out.

We ended up giggling. Then she answers.

“Nope. I’m surprised myself. I also never expected that I’d turn out this way but I did…” She looks intently at me. “…you just have that effect on me.”