Fragile Hearts

Xavier's POV
I saw him kiss her. The thing is that she didn't push away immediately. She let him kiss her for what seemed like hours but in reality was only a few seconds. Funny how those few seconds can rip out your heart and stab thousands of knives into it. Raven swiftly kneed him and whispered something into his ear. Her eyes met mine as she stood up.

"Don't. Just don't." I stopped her. She looked down at her feet sadly and bit her lower lip.

"I-" she started.

"We need a break." I blurted. Her blue eyes widened as she stared at me in shock and disbelief. Ever since we moved here and met Axel, I knew I wasn't the one for her. Her eyes light up without her knowing at the mention of his name. No matter how hard she tries to resist you can feel happiness radiating off her when he's around. Even if she is unaware of it herself.

"No. This isn't working out. We need to break up." I whispered. This was for her own good, and mine.

"W-why?" She sobbed tears streaming down her face. I gently took her hand and lead her to a secluded area outside the pack house, near the sheds. We stood there staring at each other as I slowly leant in with my eyes closed. Her warm lips were pressed against mine. I will miss them. We pulled away at the same time and my tears threatened to escape.

"I know you like Axel. It's not fair I am the one coming between you and your mate." I bit my tongue hard.

"But you're not! I'm sorry I let him kiss me! Please Xavier! I love you too!" She cried.

"I do too. I love you so much Raven. But it's time we walk seperate paths." I mumbled as I pressed my forehead against hers feeling a traitorous tear slip out followed by others.

"Why..." she breathed.

"You love him. You should be with him." I said as we both sat down cuddling in each others arms. I felt her warm body underneath mine knowing this would be the last time I hug her. We sat there in silence for at least 20 minutes before she spoke.

"I hope you find your mate Xavier. Travel around the world, find your soul mate. You deserve the best." Raven smiled.

"You do too. I can tell Axel has changed. Promise me you will give him a chance." I said stroking her arm.

"O-okay." She sniffled. She took the ring off her ring finger and opened my palm placing it inside.

"We didn't move in so long ago so I guess everything will be some what easy to pack." I chuckled.

"Yeah."

"I will get going." I said standing up. She pulled me in for one last kiss as she opened her mouth allowing entrance as our tongues swirled together. Pulling apart we stood up and whispered our good byes. I watched as she walked away to the pack house and I turned my back. Tears fell uncontrollably as I clenched the ring and shifted running towards the house. Good bye Raven.

Raven's POV
I walked back tears still falling. Just as I reached I turned around. No. I wasn't going to go there yet. Making sure my money which was stashed in my bra was still with me I ran, ran as fast as I could. I ran, to the mall. You might be confused. Then stay confused. I really don't care. Not anymore. Crunching wood broke through the silence as I leaped and continued running as fast as I could. Feeling mind links trying to reach me I blocked them all out and kept running towards the upcoming tall buildings. My breath began to quicken so I slowed down as sweat trickled down my forehead. I knew what store to go to. It was called the 'Hunters Groove'. Run by werewolves. They sell all sorts of clothing, from formal dresses, tuxes, to casual shorts, pants, shirts, work out clothes. Lastly to the clothes I am here for. They call it the black hood, only certain people are allowed to buy it.