Light The Damned Fag

Raven's POV
A pack member walked towards me, sitting next to me as I raised a brow at me.

"Wanna cig? Helps calm the nerves." He said as I shrugged taking one.

"Just light the damned fag, stressful day." I said as he chuckled bringing out his lighter putting fire on the end.

"The Luna smoking, rare to find one that does these days. The name's Eli."

"Nah, first time. Call me Raven." I introduced bringing the cigarette to my lips. Inhaling I coughed as he patted my back, God it was horrible.

"You'll get use to it. Try again." Eli encouraged as I inhaled once more, exhaling some out and coughing at the same time, this time not as bad.

"Like that, with less coughs." Eli joked as I rolled my eyes.

"Aye, cut me some slack."

"Ya know, Luna's are usually formal, motherly people, who don't smoke. Looks like we have a rebel here huh?"

"Nah, then again, first time. Got a mate?" I asked as he shook his head.

"They're a pain in the ass. It can go two ways, up or down, no in the middle." I informed as he smiled.

"Well I can only hope mine comes for the better. You going well with the Alpha or not, cause from what I'm seeing y'all seem to be having this blow up."

"Right on point. How old are you?"

"It's rude to ask a man for his age, but I'm 21." Eli grinned holding his hand out for me to shake.

"19." I chuckled shaking his hand. We turned back staring into the distance as I tried smoking again. Inhale some, exhale the rest. Inhale, exhale. The actions...were somewhat calming. I noticed there were barely and birds around in the forest, but chirping was in the pack house. Weird. A snake slithered past me once again into the house as I stared at it in confusion.

"You know the silver haired lady who saved you? Rumours go that she has powers, like magical powers." Eli said as I scowled.

"Impossible, unless she's Fae but they live in a whole different realm. Too chicken to come down here where we eat animals and what not." I spat inhaling some smoke. Fae's were very delicate creatures, never harming anyone, not daring to eat a single animal. They were weak, too kind, too caring. They were lucky they had their own realm away from everyone else like the Vampires or all of them would be extinct by now.

"Nah, apparently she's a descendant of the Moon Goddess."

"Moon Goddess? The one that blindly picks mates that loathes each other? Well she can go die for all I care."

"She saved you, and her mate. Well, technically their pack did." Eli said.

"The Moon Goddess loves us all. Sometimes she just doesn't make the best of decisions but I can assure you everything will come together in the end." A voice spoke. It was velvety and smooth filled with confidence, a type of voice that could catch everyone's attention just with a greeting. It was the woman with the silver hair.

"Come together? Like my baby? It came together right?" I growled as she sat next to me.

"You're more powerful than your mate. Mentally and physically, the power radiating off you is much clearer than his. The name's Enzo." The woman greeted as I shook her hand then returning to my cigarette.

"Pass me one boy, I haven't had one in ages." She commanded as Eli just stared at her bewildered.

"I thought you were meant to be a posh bitch or some shit, but cigarettes?" He asked as she raised a brow hand out waiting for one. Sighing Eli placed one in her hand as she took the lighter putting fire to the fag. Placing it on her lips she inhaled, breathing out. It looked...graceful? How one can be graceful while smoking I don't know but she did it. A mysterious yet dangerous aura radiated around her as her eyes darted everywhere scanning the whole entrance then focusing back in front like she had a map of it memorised in her head.

"You should know by now my mate and I run a Mafia, the Russian Mafia. Elegant? We might be, but posh? Hell no." She chuckled as I yawned looking tiredly at the grass.

"Your wolf isn't with you." She stated as a bird flew over to her, landing on her arm as she gently stroked his head.

"How did you know?"

"Your scent is different without her." Smart. She was smart.

"Nah, I can't smell no shit difference." Eli grumbled sniffing me as I flicked him off.

"No shit! It's the first time you met me." I retorted as he nodded in realisation.

"Forgot about that." Eli mumbled as the three of us just sat there looking out into the distance.

~🐺🏹🐺~

As I slowly opened my eyes I recognised three familiar voices. Eli and the leaders of the other pack, Alpha Ruslan and Luna Enzo. Feeling the ground underneath me I realised I was still on the grass as they sky above me was red and pink in colour with a few clouds.

"Darling, we are leaving now." I heard one say as I sat up, pain shooting through my body.

"Yes, I just need to tell this pack's Luna something." Enzo said while pecking his lips standing on her tippy toes. Ruslan was well built, far more handsome than Axel but I didn't feel any attraction to him, after all my soul was tied to Axel's.

"So much kissing." I heard Eli mumble as he titled his head to the sky walking in circles. I felt a hand on my shoulder turning my head to see electric blue eyes staring at me.

"Being a Luna of a pack is hard. You have to be strong and gentle at the same time. You are a woman, you have assets, use them to control the Alpha and all will be good. Just remember Raven, we are all paired with our mates to balance each other out, the innocent with the murders. The strong with the weak. The brave with those who are scared. There is a reason the Moon Goddess does this and she loves us all, we are all her children and everything happens for a reason. Happiness will come sooner or later, but for that to happen both mates have to submit to each other. Good bye now." She whispered into my ear before returning back to her mate as they walked away hand in hand, her head leaning on his shoulder. Finally it clicked in me, Enzo Volkov, the model with the silver hair and electric eyes. She's a model yet the Queen of the Underworld.

"You're awake." Eli said as I rolled my eyes.

"No, I am just unconsciously sleeping with my eyes open and talking at the same time. Mind helping me up?" I asked as he held his hand out and just as I was about to reach it I felt Axel's presence behind me, scooping me up with his werewolf speed, careful not to hurt me.

"I told you to stay away." I seethed out as he ignored my comment, carrying me into the house.

"You smoked and without your wolf there is a possible chance of lung cancer Raven. Why would you endanger yourself like that?" He asked as I bit my lip. My life was already on the line when I decided to help you with the rouges. If only I never met you, or even just stayed in California instead of coming back.

"It's a one time thing. Where the hell are you taking me?" I questioned as he turned towards a hall far too familiar, and walking to the very end he opened the door leading to our bedroom.

"Why were you with that boy?" Axel growled out as I scoffed.

"I think I have rights as a Luna to speak to my pack members."

"But not with any unmated males."

"Why the hell are you even here with me?" I asked as he gulped.

"I-i want to know how you lost the child...and everything." And those few words was all it took for the tears to come streaming down my face.

"It's okay Raven, you can tell me everything." He cooed as I gulped.

"I need another ciggie." I sobbed as he frowned pulling me into his chest as he sat on the bed.

"Trust me, you won't ever be having one of those again, you have me now." Axel smiled as I mentally rolled my eyes but right now I did need someone. I needed someone to talk to more than ever.

Like that I spilled my heart out as he listened to me, not interrupting or saying anything. Just listening, and that was all I needed.