05

"네 옆집 오빤데"

...May 2013...

"What should I do..." Da Hye pouted as she observed her cell phone. It wouldn't turn on and the screen was cracked either. She threw her dead phone on the bed and looked outside her balcony. She could see a light fluttered on at the room across; Ji Min's room.

Da Hye dragged her feet out to the balcony after grabbing her thin white cardigan. It was a bit too large honestly. She was practically drowned in it.

Da Hye walked toward the handrail and rested her elbow on it while her palm supported her chin. She looked at the window across. How fool she was because she was never know how the boy next door looking is; at least before he helped her from the stalker.

Not so surprised, because Ji Min was rarely going out from the house or his room precisely. He always had his curtain shut, so Da Hye only could see his shadow; going forth and back, passing by the window.

As far as she knew, The Parks family is a 4-membered family; a father, a mother and 2 sons. However, she only knew Ji Hyun; the second son. He was same-aged as her and they were going to the same school, but rarely talked to each other. He was closer to Seung Jin than her. Da Hye often found Seung Jin playing a play-station with Ji Hyun in their house.

"Noona."

Da Hye turned around and found Seung Jin at the doorstep. He frowned once he saw his sister still on her uniform.

"Dinner is ready. Go shower and change your clothes. You stink as hell." He said and closed the door before Da Hye could reply him with series of curses. But Da Hye listened to her brother's words indeed. She came inside the room and closed the door that connected to the balcony behind her. She lowered the curtain and went to have a shower.

Little did she know that Ji Min had just lift up his curtain and walked out from his room to his balcony and enjoy the night sky.

"Good evening." Da Hye was greeted by her mom and Seung Jin who was eating his dinner while talking about what had happened at his school today. Dad hadn't got home yet. He often skipped the dinner time with their family, but although he's kind of workaholic, he always put an effort to save a quality time with his family at the weekend. Mom and Da Hye even Seung Jin had already understand Mr. Sung's hustle life. He worked to support their family anyway.

"Shut up and just eat your dinner, dear~" Mom shut Seung Jin up with a spoonful of rice. "Mom!!" Seung Jin barely talked. Mom and Da Hye giggled on how cute Seung Jin was.

"Oh, and would you like to give this soup to the next door? I want to pay back the muffins she gave before." Mom said as she prepared the soup.

"I have homework to do." Seung Jin said all of sudden. Da Hye widened her eyes in shock!

"You're Ji Hyun's best friend! You go and take this to them!"

"I think you have to go this time, sweetie." Mom smiled and put the container in front of Da Hye. Da Hye wanted to protest, but Mom encouraged her by pushing the container to her hand. Meanwhile, Seung Jin chuckled evil.

And here she was; in front of The Parks' doorstep. She had clicked the bell, but nobody answered yet.

"Mom? Dad? Ji Hyun?" She heard a familiar man voice from inside. "Nobody home?" he mumbled before opening the door for Da Hye. "Who-"

"Oh..." The boy in front of her looked surprised as well as Da Hye.

"Uh, hello..."

^_^