Chapter Three

"I miss the real world." Kai confessed when we were wandering around. I could be a tourist on this place as many times as we've searched it. I knew the place inside out.

"Yea, me too. This place is slowly driving me to my insanity." I kicked a rock that was on the ground as we spoke.

"How are you still surviving right now? I haven't given you my blood in two days." Kai wondered out loud.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I'm a lot stronger than you take me for." I smirked over towards him.

He stopped walking and pulled up the sleeve of his jacket, showing his wrist.

"What are you doing?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He rolled his eyes, "Drink. You're not dying in this place."

"I can't die, moron but it almost makes me feel emotion that you care for me."

"I don't. I just want to be the one to harm you." He smiled innocently.

"Well I don't want any of your blood anymore." I shrugged.

"And why is that?"

"You're bitter." I stated with a laugh. "Your blood isn't enjoyable."

He glared at me before pulling his sleeve down to cover his wrist. "Fine. We'll walk to the hospital and get you some blood bags."

"Good." I gave him the innocent smile he always gives me before walking ahead of him, leading the way to the hospital.

...

I dug through the cabinet of blood bags they had.

"Oh my god, Nayeli! Take some damn bags so we can get out of here." Kai groaned, rolling his eyes and leaning his head back on the wall.

"If you don't want me to be weak and careless while you teach me spells, Parker, I insist you shut the hell up." I snapped but began to stumble when everything shook.

"What's going on?" I asked cautiously.

"It's an earthquake, get down!" He tugged me away from the cabinet as we fell on the floor. He wrapped his arms around me and covered my head as things began to fall.

He heard my whimpers and held me tighter.

A few minutes passed and it seemed as the earthquake had stopped. Kai unwrapped his arms from me and stood up not even looking at me twice before leaving the room.

I scoffed and took some blood bags before catching up with him. "Thanks for the help, Romeo." I said sarcastically.

"Don't stress it." He shrugged.

"Admit it." I smirked and stepped in front of him. He rolled his eyes before finally looking at me. "You care about me."

"Careful, you're almost showing emotion." He teased.

"You didn't answer me. It's okay, I get it. I'm pretty awesome."

Soon I was pinned against the wall with his hand around my neck. "I don't care about you whatsoever. I will hurt you without feeling any remorse and leave you in this hell." He whispered, his face close to mine.

I shoved him off of me, making him stumble back a bit before he caught his balance. "You make all these threats, Kai. But I'm still standing here, unharmed!"

"You may be unkillable but don't think I won't attempt." He snapped.

"Fine! Prove it." I stepped closer to him. "Take my magic. All of it. If you're this big bad wolf that isn't afraid of hurting me. Take my magic, I dare you." I stared into his eyes confidently. They almost held compassion before they clouded with darkness like they had the day we met.

"Okay." He smiled before gripping onto both of my arms.

I screamed out in pain as he absorbed my magic. I began to feel faint as he kept taking and taking until he suddenly stopped.

I fell into his arms, feeling extremely weak.

He leaned in, his lips grazed my ear as he spoke. "I appreciate your generous donation." He chuckled into my ear.

"Y-You stopped." I managed to let out. "You just proved my point, Parker."

"God you're so weak." He picked me up bridal style, as I could barely hold myself up.

"I'm sorry. Some magic-sucking asshole just drained me of most of my magic." I mumbled wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my head on his chest.

"Ugh, I wish you would just turn your humanity back on and stop being a bitch." Kai huffed.

He stopped and set me down in front of him, carefully. He mumbled some enchantment under his breath but I didn't pay attention because I was too drained and tired to even care.

He suddenly stopped and looked at me with a smile. "I put a truth spell on you."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I wanna ask you questions but I don't want you lying to me." He answered before speaking again. "Do you want to turn your humanity back on?"

"Yes." I answered truthfully.

"Then why won't you?"

"Because if I do all my emotion is gonna come back and I can't take the pain." I blurted out.

His eyes searched mine and I looked away quickly and tried to stand up on my own. "I'm not turning my humanity back on, Kai." I managed to stand up on my own.

"I can help you get through your pain but you need to turn it on, Nayeli."

"Stop it Kai!" I snapped. "You don't understand what the hell I had to go through!"

"Anger. That's an emotion. Come on Eli turn it on." He placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Stop it!" I pushed him away from me.

Suddenly I felt every emotion. Anger at Kai, Sadness from the death of my best friend.

I looked up at Kai with tears in my eyes. "What the hell did you just make me do."

He glanced at me with shock but relief. "You turned it on."

I fell to my knees and pulled at my hair. I cried and looked up at him.

He kneeled down next to me. "I know I may seem like an insensitive asshole but I'm sorry for everything you've been through." He whispered before picking me up again and carrying me to the house.