Chapter Twenty-Two

I woke up, slightly squinting as the sunlight hit my eyes. I looked around the familiar room recognizing it as Kai's apartment. I looked to the left of me and saw him, still asleep.

I smiled at him and admired his features. The way his mouth was slightly open as he slept and the way the sunlight hit his face, making his skin seem flawless. It caught me off guard when he began to speak,

"You're staring." He mumbled.

I began to blush and look away quickly slightly confused on how he even knew, "I am not." I denied.

He peeked one eye open and began to chuckle, "Goodmorning to you too, gorgeous."

I smiled and looked over at him again, "You know I love waking up like this. To you." 

"Is this the part where you tell me you're in love with me?" He teased and I rolled my eyes, pushing his chest lightly before he winced.

"Oh, right. Sorry." My hand rested on his bare chest as I examined the wound he gained from Liv.

"It's super unfair how quickly you heal."

I laughed at his words, "It's a blessing.. and a curse."

He began to play with my fingers before he whispered, "Make me like you, Nayeli."

I was caught off guard but began to think about this words. I furrowed my eyebrows, "What?" I questioned him.

He looked over at me, "Turn me."

I began to hesitate as I looked away. I felt him shift his body as he sat up, "Think about it, Nayeli. We'd be unstoppable. The both of us being both a witch and a vampire." When I didn't answer he placed his hand on my face gently, making me look over at him.

"I only care about you. And if I were to rule the world with anyone, it'd be you." He spoke as he glanced from my eyes to my lips before leaning forward to kiss me softly. 

I kissed him back admiring the feeling of his lips on mine before pulling away. "Is this the part where you tell me you're in love with me?" I repeated his words mockingly and he scoffed and I laughed. 

"Okay." I whispered, "I'll turn you."

His eyes lit up but I spoke first, "But when I choose to."

He rolled his eyes but smiled anyway, "Fine." He agreed before kissing me again.

...

I crossed the crowded and busy streets of my home, New Orleans. I decided to come back and catch up on events that I've missed during my absence in the prison world. Apparently, that was a lot considering two of my siblings are in two completely different bodies.

Again, people stared as they did when I first arrived but who could blame them? I ignored the whispers and made my way to my old home.

"Sister," Rebekah, in her new body, greeted me with a hug. I hugged her back, of course, still new to her makeover which I still wasn't sure why it happened. "you came back."

"Of course." I pulled away and looked her up and down. "I can't believe it's really you." 

"I can hardly believe it myself." She joked. "Oh, I have so much to tell you."

"-We have so much to tell you." Klaus corrected from the top of the stairs, staring down with his hands behind his back and a smirk on his face.

"Explain then." I challenged.

...

"Hold up." I stopped Niklaus and Rebekah from their story time. "You're telling me that Niklaus knocked up a girl from a one-night stand. This girl gave birth to your child and has feelings for Elijah but is marrying some werewolf?!" I questioned as my eyes flickered between the two. 

"Well, she has to marry him." Rebekah commented. "That way she's married to the alpha and she has his pack protecting her from Finn."

"Finn's in another body and trying to track Klaus' daughter? And Elijah? He's out there protecting your daughter while you're here? What exactly are you two doing? You know what, I don't even want to know." I stood up and ran a hand through my hair, taking it in.

I looked down at the two, "I suppose this is our punishment for cheating death so many times." I took a deep breath before turning around and sighing, "This family makes me want to murder people."

"-I see my timing is as impeccable as usual." A voice spoke.

I turned around and saw my brother, Kol, in his new body as well. "I need your guys' help. All of you." He looked over at me.

I opened my mouth to speak to my sibling but my phone rang interrupting what I had to say. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered it , not paying attention to the contact.

"This better be good because this is bloody awful timing." I spoke.

"Nayeli, I need you." Kai said, sounding dreadful through the phone.

"Now's not really a good time, darling-"

"Eli, the merge. Remember that 'you're not my twin, hey close enough.' plan? Well I've been waiting for the catch to come and well-" He stopped.

"Well?" I repeated but got my answer when I began to hear the retched sound of him vomiting on the other line.

"Oh god.." I whispered. I looked over at my three siblings and sighed deeply. "You so owe me." I said before hanging up and turning to my family. "As much as I'd love to spend my day with you, my other life in Mystic Falls calls. But I will be back. You have my word."

Kol nodded with a smile.

...

I walked up to Jo's door and found that it was already open because Kai was in the doorway talking to Jo and Alaric.

I glanced between the three of them, noticing that Jo looked pale and sick matching Kai's expression. "What the hell is going on here?"