Chapter Nineteen

"Wakey, wakey."

I woke up groggily only to meet a pair of staring blue eyes right in front of me. I looked down and saw chains around my wrists. I tugged against them but was greeted by the burning sensation of vervain sinking into my skin.

Damon chuckled before pacing back and forth. I noticed behind him was little Gilbert standing protectively with his arms crossed.

I laughed dryly before blinking slowly, "God you guys must feel so powerful right now." I shook my head and gasped dramatically, "You've got an Original Vampire locked up with no control. Except there's a little flaw in your plan."

Damon's lips tucked up into a grin as he stopped pacing. "And what's that, blondie?"

"Sooner or later one of you or your friends will need my help. Or Kai will come for me and kick your asses. Whichever one comes first." I smiled with a shrug.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." Jeremy spoke from behind Damon and walked up closer to me.

"Oh?"

"If your little boyfriend were to come save you, don't you think he would've done it by now?" Jeremy said smugly.

My smile faded slowly but I tried not to show any signs of concern or they'd think they had more control. "How long has it been?"

"A day, twelve hours, thirty minutes, and twenty seconds." Damon jumped in, a little too enthusiastically and I glared at him. He just shrugged with a smile, "I was counting."

I huffed, not knowing whether I was mad or disappointed. I cleared my throat and covered my mixed emotions with a smirk. "How's Elena?" Damon's grin wiped off his face and he frowned at me. "You know she's only trying to restore her memories because she feels bad for you, right? I mean come on, if girlfriend were to fall for any of the Salvatore brothers all over again, it would be Stefan. We all know it."

Damon glared at me before grabbing a nearby pen and throwing it into my arm, making me jerk against the chains and he smiled in satisfaction.

"Go ahead, Damon. You can hide your emotions but you can't hide the truth." I chuckled.

...

"Why'd you stop with the witty remarks, Nayeli? They were getting good." Damon laughed while tossing a random object up and down in the air while he was laying on the couch. Jeremy left a while ago after he realized, or thought, there was no way I'd get out.

I kept my eyes closed like I had been for the last 10 minutes, blocking out Damon's presence and trying to regain as much strength as I could to perform a spell.

He sat up with a confused look, "Nayeli?"

I opened my eyes and suddenly felt power surging through me. I smirked at Damon and he only stared. "Per se qui e fracta toi, per se qui e total toi."

I chanted and he retreated immediately as a line of fire divided half of the room and seperated the both of us. I built up all the strength I had left in me and pulled against the chains despite the agonizing pain and managed to break through them.

I let out a sigh of relief, rubbing my wrists with a smile. I noticed Damon's wide eyes through the flames I had started. "Ex Spiritum In Tacullum, En Terrum Incendium, Phasmatos Salves A Distum." My words caused the fire to intensify and I sped out of there while I still had the chance.

...

"Kai, where the hell are you? Please, call me back when you get this." I goaned after leaving a voice message for Kai. After calling him many, many times he still hasn't answered.

I walked through the park and stopped in shock. I witnessed two bodies on the floor with Jo crouched down next to one of them, crying.

I ran over and realized that one of them was Kai's and the other was Luke's. My heart pounded in my chest as I rushed over to Kai's side, placing his head on my lap.

I looked over at Jo, "What the hell happened?"

"They merged." Her voice cracked while she whiped a tear from her face.

"Kai." I slightly shook him in hopes he'd regain consciousess. "Kai! Kai wake up. Please, Kai, you have to wake up." I begged as a tear rolled down my cheek. "I can't lose you."

I ignored Damon as he walked up to Jo noticing Kai and Luke on the floor. "I guess adding the words 'twin merge' to my vocabulary was useless because they aren't twins."

"He wasn't supposed to be here." I sniffled and tuened to Damon as tears streamed down my face. "Luke wasn't supposed to merge with Kai. This is all your fault." I snapped at him.

"Luke." Jo gasped as the blonde twin woke up. I looked over but quickly looked away in sadness as Luke's body went stiff and his eyes stared open.

"Oh my god." Jo sobbed when she realized what happened. She held her younger brother closer to her. "Luke." She looked up at Damon. "He's gone. He saved me, and he's gone."

Kai woke up suddenly and my heart beated in relief. I was speechless as he sat up and frowned at my tear stained face. He looked over at the scene next to us and stood up with a smirk. "You win some, you lose some. Except for me. I always win." He held my hand but made sure Jo and Damon didn't see it.

Damon stepped forward angrily and ready to attack but Kai and I disappeared.