Chapter Fourteen

"I'm a vampire."

I chuckled with my feet on the table that Caroline was currently setting up.

"I don't know, maybe a little less emphasis on 'vampire'." Carloine suggested with a shrug as she placed name cards around the table.

"I'm a vampire." Elena tried again.

I threw my head back, "Elena, Elena, Elena." I looked at her. Hopeless perserverance. "You could always just eat him." I smirked deviously.

"Don't listen to her, she's a Mikaelson." Caroline teased.

"I mean, there's only so many ways you can say it." Elena put her face in her hands in desperation.

"Well maybe Liam will stop digging into Lady Whitmore's miraculous recovery and you won't have to come clean." Carloine said chirply.

"I'm  a bit lost here." I removed my feet from the table and placed them on the ground. "Why haven't you compelled him yet?"

Elena rolled her eyes, "Because, Nayeli, I want him to trust me. And compelling him will not help with that."

"It's not like he'll know." I argued and took Caroline's name cards and went through them, seeing who she invited.

"But I'd know. Lie, and lie again, and again and again-"

Carline cut her off before she could continue, "Okay, if you want to tell him the truth, we support you 100 percent. Right, Nayeli?" She turned to me with a hopeful look.

"Mhm." I hummed nonchalantly and stopped going through the cards and deciding to play with the flame on a candle, using my magic.

A lady walked in, who's name I learned to be Jo, carrying a tray. "Hi."

"Where's Alaric?" Elena asked, moving on from our previous discussion.

"Don't kill the messenger, but something about an impromptu guy's weekend."

...

"Twenty- two. Go us." A girl said in a monotone voice before throwing her jacket at Tyler.

"Damn. What's up with blondie?" I smirked and Tyler shrugged. I walked down the small steps with a grin. This should be fun.

I tried to rest my feet on the table again but Caroline slapped my arm and gave me a glare.

"Alright! If everyone could gather around the table at their assigned seats, then, um-"

Caroline was interrupted by a guy with somewhat long blonde hair. He took out one of his earphones and apologized, "Oh, sorry I'm late."

"We will each share something that we are grateful for in a hundred words or less, so.." She said cherrily making me laugh.

"Anyone wanna see some embarassing baby videos of Liv?" The blonde guy said as soon as we sat down. I looked in the corner of my eye and saw Caroline grow frustrated.

"Enlighten us." I encouraged, knowing It was upsetting her.

"Actually, now would be an excellent time just to shut down anything with an on/off button." she smiled, trying not to get angry but grew upset when everybody ignored her and gathered around the phone. "No, please, let the food get cold." She sighed an dleft the table.

"What are you watching?" Jo froze when she walked into the room seeing everyone gathered in one area.

"Hey, you know Jo, that kind of sounds like you." I smiled.

"That is me." Jo set down the platter of food. "I took that video 18 years ago at a birthday party for the twins." Jo informed as she glanced at the two. "Lucas and Olivia?"

"Jo as in Josette?"

"Hang on, you guys know each other?" Elena questioned.

"I'm their sister." Jo responded.

"Things just got a whole lot interesting." I mumbled before drinking a glass of wine.

...

I threw my head back, growing bored with the convorsation seeing as I had already heard this all before from Kai himself.

"Coven? What the hell is a coven?" Liam stood up, confused. Poor human.

"Ah, Liam!" I cheered and glared at the others for not being more careful with their conversation. "She purely meant oven, but you know what? We don't have a wine opener. You have one in your room, why don't you go get it?" I compelled the boy and he walked off without another thought.

"Okay, well now that we've gotten to know each other a little better can someone please pass the dinner rolls?" Caroline smiled like nothing just happened.

"Sorry that my family drama isn't appropriate dinner convorsation, Caroline." Liv said with a glare before leaving the table.

"No offense, but bitchy barbie has a major attitude problem." I rolled my eyes before drinking more wine.

Elena turned to me with a confused expression, "Did you know about any of this? Were you in the same prison world Kai was?" She whispered, hoping no one else heard. 

"Yea, I was." I confessed. "We all were."

"We?"

I was about to answer her but Jo's groaning sidetracked me. I rushed to her side when she fell to the floor. "Jo? What's going on?"

"My dad's trying to kill me." She said before gripping her head and yelling in pain.

Liam helped her over to the couch and laid her down but Jo kept fidgeting.

I heard Elena giving orders to Ric in the background but I was panicking and didn't know what to do. "I can't heal you but I can reduce your pain." I informed her.

"Do it!" She managed to yell out and I took a deep breath trying to block out the sounds of her pain.

"Asinta Mulaf Hinto, Sho Bala. Asinta Mulaf Hinto, Sho Bala." I chanted while holding Jo's hand.

"What the hell is she saying?" Liam panicked from beside me.

Jo seemed to calm down slightly but was still groaning. "The pain's still there but it's bearable."

Elena held the phone up to Jo. "Invite him in."

"You can come in." Jo barely said through her panting and grunts. "They need magic." Jo said before turning and coughing out blood.

"Oh my god." My eyes widened in fear of Jo's life.

"Elena, we have to do something. Definite signs of hemoptysis." Liam grabbed Jo's wrist.

"Shut up Liam." Jo and I said at the same time. My heart was racing because I had no idea what to do next. "Ask them if they see an old tree stump in the front yard."

 "I don't know anymore spells that can help. The best I can do is give her my blood." I said shakily before biting into my wrist and holding it up to her mouth as Elena and Liam argued in the backround.

Jo sat up with a gasp. "I'm okay." She looked at me with wide eyes. "You saved my life."