Chapter Twenty-eight

"Boo." Humanity-less Stefan called out and I nodded in agreement.

"My god, Caroline," I rolled my eyes as I sat on the table of the Mystic Grill. "That's the best you could do?" I motioned over to the dead body she set on the table to scare the worker that was closing up the restaurant.

"I scared him!" She claimed as she walked down the stairs. I glanced over at Stefan as he shook his head. "Well, I scared you right? With the whole chair flipping and the spilled bottles thing." She asked the man who looked only the slightest bit shaken up.

"Who are you people?" He asked with a shaky voice.

"Oh, I'm Nayeli, this is Stefan," I introduced, "and that girl over there is Caroline. The one that didn't scare you." I joked and Caroline scoffed.

"What's going on?" He continued to ask the incorrect questions.

"Well Caroline and I had a little bet that she would scared you to death." Stefan informed the man with a casual tone and a smile.

"-like literally scare you to death." Caroline pitched in.

"And I knew she wouldn't be able to do it so I thought why not join in, hm?" I smirked and looked over at Caroline who only seemed disappointed she had obviously failed her task.

"But you have to understand this is her first time messing with somebody so she didn't realize the whole dead body shock-drop thing is a complete cliché." Stefan explained as if this were a normal conversation to have with somebody.

The man raised an eyebrows before finally showing some emotion, "Cliché? This guy was my friend."

"Well then why aren't you freaking out?" Caroline asked him with a raised voice, "A panic attack. A heart attack. Come on, give me something."

The guy then began to run away, or at least attempt to, before I sped over to him and his panicked manor. "I don't think you heard her. You're having a heart attack." I compelled the man and watched his pupils dilate before he began to gasp and grunt as he clutched his chest.

"What's happening?" He barely managed to get out before Stefan started to speak.

"She's cheating, that's what's happening." Stefan walked over and I only shrugged innocently with a wink.

"Please.. help me." The man gasped out.

I looked down at him and rolled my eyes, "Oh, relax, it's mental. You only think you're having a heart attack."

Caroline smiled before walking over as well and tilting her head, "Now your throat's tightening." She mimicked his choking before laughing. "You can't breathe."

I chuckled as he fell to the ground before I fake gasped, "Oh my god, are those spiders all over your body?"

The man began to freak out before wiping his arms and legs as if there were spiders crawling on him. He let out one last yell before he finally stopped breathing.

"Look at that, I won!" Caroline put her hands on her hips and turned around with a cheery smile. "Poor guy was so scared that he died of a heart attack."

"No, that's not fair. Technically he died of a loophole." Stefan corrected her but Caroline objected.

"A win is a win." She winked, "And you know what happens now." The blonde turned over to me with a devious smile. "Nayeli turns off her humanity."

...

"Hey, Taylor Swift. We're trying to study here. Where's the manager of this place?"" One girl commented rudely as Caroline sang along with the karaoke machine. Caroline glanced over at me and Stefan and gave a hand signal to the lady.