Chapter Twenty-Seven

I stared at myself in the mirror, taking in how much of a wreck I looked. My hair was messed up, my tears had stained Kai's white t-shirt I had on that ran down a little past my thigh. My eyes were red and puffy from crying all night. I had gotten no sleep.

I jumped a little when my phone went off, signaling someone was calling me. I glanced at myself once more before walking over to my phone, looking at the contact.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes before answering, "What the hell do you want?" I spoke, unpleased.

"Nayeli, I need your help-"

"No." I cut Damon off before pulling the phone away from my ear, ready to hang up before he started to talk loudly,

"No, Nayeli, listen. I know that you're mad at me-"

"Bit of an understatement-"

"-but I had nothing to do with what Bonnie did to Kai." He continued with a sigh but I only scoffed.

"It was your idea to bring her along! How could you not know?" I accused him angrily as I paced around Kai's apartment.

He took a deep breath, "Nayeli, I don't know what to say to get you to believe me but I just need you to trust that I swear I didn't know."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, feeling stuck. "Fine. Whatever. What do you need?"

...

"Damon, are you trying to tell me something?" I teased the younger vampire after he brought me up to his room.

I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms.

He only walked past me and began to dig through his drawers, moving around clothing before finally pulling out a small, brown, old-looking box and turned to me.

I uncrossed my arms and walked over to him and took the box into my hands. 

I furrowed my eyebrows before slowly opening the box revealing a tiny container with a red liquid inside. I looked up at Damon who was already staring at me. "What the hell is this?"

He looked at me intensely before grabbing my arm and leading me to the bathroom, leaving me confused as hell. I watched him turn on the faucet as the sound of rushing water filled the room. He turned to me and finally answered, "It's the cure to vampirism."

"What?" I looked at him like he was insane. "No way, how did you even get this?"

"It's a long story but I don't know what to do with it." His blue eyes widened, "I've been hiding it from Elena but she almost found it today."

I shook my head in confusion, "Why are you hiding it from her? She would kill to be human again." 

"Exactly, and I want her to be happy but I'm afraid that when she turns human she'll want to be with Stefan."

I began to think before realizing that he was right. As soon as she turned human she would be running back to Stefan. "Shit."

He raised his eyebrow and nodded once, silently saying 'exactly'.

"Damon?" I heard a voice call but couldn't recognize it over the running water. I turned it off before handing Damon the cure and speeding downstairs.

I began to feel rage run through my veins as I stared at the woman before me.

Damon followed after me and I couldn't help but notice his heartbeat pick up. "Bonnie."

"What the hell is she doing here?" I clenched my fists barely holding myself together to not hurt her.

"Look, Nayeli, I'm sorry about Kai but I did it to keep us all safe." She said in a soothing voice, trying to calm me down like I was a bomb ready to explode at any given moment.

"Safe, Bonnie?! Is that what you've been telling yourself so you don't feel guilty for what you did?" I raised my voice, not being able to control my anger anymore.

"He was a monster, Nayeli! He screwed us over, he was manipulative! He was a psychopath!" She argued with me.

"He was misunderstood! He changed!" My voice cracked and he face softened. "Per se qui e fracta toi, per se qui total toi." I chanted and a circle of fire formed around her.

"Nayeli-" Damon tried to stop me but I forced him back into the wall, holding him there with my magic so he couldn't stop me.

"How do you feel, Bonnie?" I walked closer as she panicked and her eyes shifted quickly from the fire to me. "Do you feel scared? Alone? Not knowing what to do? That's how I've felt for the past week when you took Kai from me!" I screamed at her.

"Nayeli, stop before I have to make you." She said softly but had a hint of danger in her tone.

I chuckled and looked down at the floor before stepping closer and looking into her eyes. "But you can't, Bonnie. Because all of a sudden, you don't know how to use your magic." I compelled her, watching her pupils dilate.

She shook her head, "That's not going to work, Nayeli." she held up her hand and mumbled under her breath but nothing happened making me smirk and her eyes widen in fear.

"You took away my happiness.." I walked around the circle, losing interest in Damon as Bonnie kept trying to perform magic, "he changed, and you didn't even give him a chance, Bonnie!" Tears slowly began to fall down my face. "And all he wanted was for you to forgive him." 

She finally gave up on her magic as she watched the flames get bigger, "Too bad you have to die now-"

I was interrupted when Damon tackled me to the ground, breaking my spell and the fire died out. "Damon, get off of me!" I struggled against him, feeling weak as memories of Kai and I slipped in my mind. "Damon if you don't let me go, I'll have to kill you." I threatened but tears kept on pouring out of my eyes as I finally gave up and broke down into tears.

"I know," He loosened his grip on me and wrapped his arms around me, "I'm sorry."

...

Sorry this chapter was so short lol but I'm having a liiittle writer's block until Kai comes back but I'll figure it out. Also sorry if there's any errors.