Chapter Twenty-Four

I turned the knob on the stereo, blasting the music louder which I didn't think was possible. I danced around the Salvatore's kitchen as I made pancakes. I was in a good mood when I found out that Bonnie had escaped the prison world.

Sure, I destroyed the ascendant but it was nothing personal. I for one actually enjoy Bonnie. She was kind to me in the prison world after all so how could I hate her?

I flipped my hair and threw my hands up as I danced while the pancakes cooked. But then the music started to die down and I realized someone had turned it off. I looked over at saw Damon standing there, "What the hell are you doing in my house?"

I smirked, "Well I heard the good news about Bon-Bon and I decided to make honorary pancakes In her favor. Although I came to a bummer when I found she wasn't here so.." I turned around and put the pancakes on a plate and held them up with a smile, "care to join me?"

"No," He said sternly as his blue eyes wandered the kitchen and I tilted my head, "where's your boyfriend?"

"What am I? His babysitter?" I scoffed and put down the plate of pancakes on the counter and placed my hand on my hip before looking at him, "He's his own person, Damon." I noticed the same video recorder I used in the prison world with Kai sitting on the table.

I walked over to it and saw a new video had been recorded. 'Who are you?' an unfamiliar voice in the video had said. I furrowed my eyebrows before hearing Bonnie's voice, 'Who are you?'  She repeated the woman's words.

"Wait a second.." I whispered and replayed the video pausing after the woman had asked her question. My eyes widened when I realized who it was. I looked up at Damon who was already looking at me, waiting for my reaction.

"Damon that's-"

"-I know." He sighed, "But that's impossible. And I'll prove it to you." He walked out of the house and I followed him, taking the video recorder with me.

...

I watched Damon from the doorframe as he removed the nails from the coffin. I rolled my eyes at him but continued to replay the video over and over. "I can't believe Bonnie made it out. Actually, I can. She's plucky." I commented as he continued to remove nails.

"Digging up mommy's grave?" I teased, "That's dark. Even for me." I sighed and continued, "And unnecessary. Damon, Bonnie saw her alive in a 1903 prison world. It's on camera." I waved the video recorder. "You wanna watch it again?" I walked up to him.

"My mother died of consumption in 1858." He spoke after he pushed the camera out of his face. "We did not go through the trouble of moving this thing to the family crypt only to find out she's not even in here." He pried more nails off with the crow bar he had been working with in the past 5 minutes.

"Is that why you asked me to call Kai? Who should be here in about-"

"Hey, what'd I miss?" Kai stood in the doorway with his hands clapped together with a grin on his face.

"-now." I smiled at Damon, "Damon here wanted to know something. Damon?" I turned to the dark-haired man and he finally stopped what he was doing to face Kai.

"What, did you just call me here because you needed a friend?" Kai joked and walked over to us. I stood with my arms crossed with a smile on my face, finding the situation we were in quite humorous.

"Is it possible that my mother could exist in another prison world?" Damon asked Kai seriously and I looked over at Kai waiting for his answer.

He smirked before saying, "Absolutely."

Damon clenched his fist before going back to what he was doing before, "Damn it, Parker." He mumbled.

"What- he just answered your question. Why are you still trying?" I uncrossed my arms and walked over to the coffin.

"Whatever or whoever is on that tape-- it's not her." He denied, of course.

"Then who is it?" Kai sassed.

"I don't know. A ghost? Maybe she has an evil Gemini twin." He said sarcastically and I shook my head but couldn't help but laugh.

"Nice." Kai commented. 

"-If my mother was imprisoned in 1903, she'd be in her 70's." Damon pried the last nail in the coffin and stood.

"Not if she were like you." Kai said and I nodded in agreement.

"I know my mother." Damon snapped. "She is not a vampire. She is not in a prison world. She died of consumption in 1858." He threw down the crow bar and turned around to face the coffin.

I crossed my arms again and tilted my head to the side, "Uh, if you're so sure of that, why haven't you opened the coffin yet?" I asked him.

He hesitated and looked between me and the coffin as I raised my eyebrows, knowing I was right.

He finally lifted the top of the coffin, throwing it onto the floor. I walked over to get a closer look and smirked a bit when I looked inside.

Kai placed his hand on Damon's back, "Congratulations. Everything you now about your mom is wrong."

...

"So, saint Caroline keeps her halo on even without her humanity." I laid on Damon's couch with a bottle of bourbon. "God, I love that bitch." I shook my head proudly as I drank.

"You know Caroline was kinda lame with her humanity. Imagine how hot she is now." Kai laughed as he went through the Salvatore stuff.

I glared at him, "Ahem." I furrowed my eyebrows and he shrugged causing me to roll my eyes while I listened to Damon and Stefan's conversation on the phone.

"What if she kills somebody-" Stefan said through the phone.

"It's not your fault, Stefan. Once you figured out how you felt about her, it was too late. She made her choice. If it makes you feel better I'll check Mystic Falls and see if anybody's missing." Damon reassured before hanging up. "A little later." He muttered.

"Yeah. Why tell your brother your mother's still alive." Kai took the bottle of bourbon from me, much to my inconvenience. I glared at him as he poured himself a drink. "But I get it. Mom's in a prison world and therefore an evil psychopath. Don't wanna ruin little bro's perfect mommy memory." Kai pretended to pout.

"I'll tell him. As soon as I know the truth." Damon walked over towards us. "Which is why you two are still here." Damon looked over at us with a plastic smile, "You two sent us back to 1994 to save Bonnie, you can send me back to 1903." 

"Technically, yes, we are able to do that," Kai sat on the couch with me on his lap and my arm wrapped around his neck as he drank his bourbon, "but we'll need the ascendant from the 1903 prison world." He shrugged.

"Well, as the newly elected president of the Gemini freaks, I assume you know where to get it." Damon walked closer to us and Kai nodded, "So get it." Damon demanded.

"It's my pleasure." Kai smirked before taking a long drink from his cup making me laugh and Damon sigh.

"You want something. Shocker." He sat down across from us.

He put down his drink and rested his hand on my waist, "Well ever since you told me Bonnie was back I, uh,  can't stop thinking about her. What I did. How she is. It's annoying, really." He sighed and paused before continuing, "I need to see her. I need to apologize. And you're gonna make that happen."