Chapter 3

As Suka was running out of the gym, she called out to everyone, "See you tomorrow! It was nice meeting you all!"

When Suka left, everyone in the gym was silent.

"What just happened..." Asahi whispered.

Suddenly, Nishinoya jumped into the air and started doing flips all over the gym.

"She kissed me! In your face Tanaka!" he yelled.

In disbelief, Hinata ran after Suka.

"Hey" he said as he caught up to her.

"Hinata, hi." she replied as she smiled at him.

"Um... Sorry for asking, but... Do you like Nishinoya?" he replied, looking at the ground.

Suka stopped walking. "Of course not... I just don't like to see people disappointed, that's all. I thought a kiss on the cheek would cheer him up!"

Hinata looked at her, with a confused expression. "That's so sweet." he said.

They walked home together in a comfortable silence. Before they parted ways, Suka suddenly hugged him.

"Goodnight, Shouyou." she said, before she walked away.

She is so confusing, Hinata thought.

As weeks of training passed by, Coach Ukai asked if Suka wanted to be the assistant coach. Of course, she agreed immediately. Takeda also announced that they would be playing a practice match against Aoba Johsai next week. However, Kageyama would have to play setter the whole match.

Tsk. Suka thought to herself. Although Kageyama was one of the best setters she's ever seen, she despised him. Every time they were at practice, Kageyama would try and aim his serves straight towards her, trying to get her to mess up. However, Suka would receive them with ease and stick her tongue out at him every time.

The day of the practice match finally came, and everyone from Karasuno was confident, except for Hinata. He was an anxious mess! Suka tried her best to calm him down, but it was no use. He was so worried that nothing helped!

As the team walked in the gym, all eyes on Aoba Johsai's team were on Suka and Kiyoko, however, Suka's eyes were on Hinata, who's face was paler than a ghosts.

The game started, and Karasuno started off terribly. In fact, the whole first set was terrible. Hinata messed up half of the plays! It was set point for Aoba Johsai, and Hinata was up to serve.

"Come on Hinata, nice serve!" Suka yelled.

The whistle blew and Hinata panicked and threw up the ball with out thinking. He hit the ball with his hand, and it smacked Kageyama right in the back of the head. The gym went silent. All that could be heard was Tsukkishima, Tanaka, and Suka trying not to burst out laughing.

Serves him right, she thought, as she laughed at her double pun.

The first set ended and the teams went back to their benches. Tsukkishima, Tanaka, and Suka were laughing so hard that tears started to form in their eyes.

The second set started, and it went a lot better than the first one did. Karasuno was doing amazing, which resulted in them winning the set!

The Karasuno boys returned to their benches, cheering about how they won the set. Out of nowhere, a bunch of girls screams were heard. Everyone looked around, and saw a really good looking boy wearing an Aoba Johsai sweater. The boy turned around and looked at Suka.

"Suka...?" The boy mumbled from across the gym.

"Oikawa..?" Suka mumbled back.

Suka and the boy started running towards each other. Suka jumped up and hugged him, her legs and arms wrapped around him. He hugged her back with a huge smile on his face.

"I can't believe it's you! I missed you so much, Tooru!" Suka exclaimed, as Tooru put her back on the ground.

"I missed you too! How have you been?" he replied, as they walked back to their benches.

"How do you know Oikawa?" Kageyama asked abruptly.

"You mean Tooru? I've known him since I was a little girl! We were best friends until we went to different middle schools." Suka replied.

"You still are a little girl..." Kageyama muttered to himself, thinking Suka wouldn't hear him. However, she did. She was about to pounce on him, but Oikawa was holding her back.

"I see you still hate being called short." Oikawa said with a smirk.

"That's because I'm not short, simply vertically challenged." Suka replied with a witty look.

"Whatever you say so." Oikawa replied with with a smile. "Anyways, I've gotta get back to my bench. Let's talk after the game. Bye Suka-san!" he continued, and winked at Suka.

Nishinoya and Tanaka were giving Oikawa the death stare. Suka noticed, and put her arms around their necks.

"If you crush Oikawa, I'll kiss you both on the cheek" she whispered in their ears. Their eyes glowed and they immediately got their head in the game.

Although Oikawa was now at the game, he didn't play. He was warming up, as the match was going on. The score was 24-21 for Karasuno when Oikawa joined in. He got 2 points from just his serves themselves. However, on his third one, Tsukkishima managed to dig it up, but gave the other team a chance ball.

Hinata managed to one touch the spike, giving Karasuno an easy way to score. Hinata and Kageyama did their famous freak-quick, which made them win the match!

After everyone shook hands and thanked the people who were watching, Tanaka and Nishinoya walked over to Suka. They leaned forward and stuck out their cheek.

"Alright, alright!" Suka giggled. She kissed them both on the cheek, and they both melted. Literally.

"Hey, I want a kiss too..." Oikawa said as he walked by the Karasuno team.

"Only winners get kisses" Suka teased.

"The Aoba Johsai team is going out for lunch, and we were wondering if you'd like to come along with us." Oikawa asked Suka.

Suka looked at Coach Ukai, who nodded.

"I'd love to." Suka said and smiled.

Suka and Oikawa walked towards the Aoba Johsai team, and he introduced her to his teammates.

"This is Suka Mayato, my childhood friend."

"Nice to meet you" Everyone replied.

They walked to a restaurant nearby, and everyone took their seats.

After everybody ordered, Suka said she had to go to the bathroom. When she was out of sight, Oikawa turned to the group.

"No matter what you do, DO NOT call her short, or anything related to that. You'll be sorry if you do." he said sternly.

When Suka returned, one of Oikawa's team mates; Kindaichi, thought it would be funny to call her short. Everyone's eyes widened and the table went silent. They were all curious of what was going to happen to Kindaichi. Suka stood up and leaned over the table, and grabbed the collar of his shirt. She pulled him up from his seat, and punched him right in the gut. Oikawa, who was sitting right beside her, grabbed her waist and pulled her back onto the seat.

Everyone stared at her in disbelief. Kindaichi was scared out of his mind.

"Don't. Call. Me. Short." she said through clenched teeth.