Chapter 12

Akaashi blushed and punched Bokuto out of embarrassment.

"I thought we were gonna keep it a secret..." Akaashi said quietly, as he looked at the ground.

"But I want everyone to know you're mine" Bokuto replied, with a flirty look.

Akaashi blushed again.

"Aw! You two are such cuties." Suka said, in a gentle tone.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Bokuto asked.

Suka suddenly felt an arm wrap around her waist.

"Yes, she does" said the guy.

Suka looked up and saw her boyfriend smiling back down at her.

"Kuroo!" she exclaimed, and hugged him. He lifted her up off of the ground and she wrapped her legs around his torso as they shared a passionate kiss. "I missed you" Kuroo said, as they pulled apart.

"So who's your boyfriend?" Bokuto asked.

Akaashi, Suka, and Kuroo face palmed.

"Oh I don't know, maybe the guy she just kissed..." Akaashi muttered, but loud enough so Bokuto could hear.

"Ohhhhh! I'm Bokuto, Suka's cousin. Nice to meet you!" Bokuto exclaimed.

Kuroo nodded and looked at Akaashi, who seemed glum. Before he could introduce himself, Bokuto exclaimed, "and this is Akaashi!" and pointed at his boyfriend.

Bokuto looked at Akaashi with a curious expression. Akaashi knew what Bokuto was thinking, so he nodded.

"He's my boyfriend!" he said, happily.

Akaashi blushed, but then smiled.

Filling up the awkward silence, Akaashi asked, "If you guys are cousins, how come she's so short? Shouldn't you be relatively the same height?"

Kuroo quickly grabbed Suka's waist before she could do anything to Akaashi.

"Babe, can you go grab my water for me?" Kuroo asked, trying to change the subject.

Suka gave Akaashi one last dirty look, and walked away.

"Do you know why she hates being called short?" Kuroo quickly asked.

"When we were younger, she always got bullied because of her height. People would call her midget, or dwarf, and things like that. Back then she didn't have that much of a kick-ass personality, so she wouldn't stand up for herself. I guess the word short triggers the memory to come back." Bokuto sighed.

Kuroo's eyes widened. Everything makes sense now... he thought. He looked around the gym and saw Suka talking to Lev. As he was walking towards them, he heard Lev say, "You are beautiful!"

He stood behind Suka and looked at Lev.

"Hello Kuroo!" Lev said.

"I see you've met my girlfriend." he said, in a harsh tone.

"Oh dear! So sorry. I didn't know." Lev replied.

Lev walked away, and Kuroo looked at Suka with a slight bit of anger in his expression. He raised his eyebrow.

"I was asking where your water was and we started talking. He's a new guy, right?" Suka explained.

Kuroo nodded.

"Well, we both have games to play. Bye babyyyy" Suka said, and turned around.

Kuroo grabbed her wrist, and pulled her into another kiss. "I've been waiting so long to do that again" he said, with lustful eyes.