Chapter 24

Bokuto, Akaashi, and Kuroo returned to the court as Suka introduced them.

"The bedhead over there is Kuroo, the owl looking guy is Bokuto, and the shortest one with the disapproving look is Akaashi. And I'm Suka!" she said, pointing to her team mates.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kyuga. The boy with the black hair is Hiro, the really tall one is Maku, and the one with the ear piercing is Satoki." the boy said, pointing to his friends. "We're in our last year of middle school, next year we're going to Karasuno! What high school do you guys go to?" the boy added, with an exited look on his face.

"No way! I go to Karasuno! Kuroo goes to Nekoma, and the other two go to Fukurodani!" Suka replied, with the same exited look on her face.

"Do you think we would be able to make the volleyball team?" the boy asked.

"You guys are gonna have to show me how good you are. Lucky for you, I'm the assistant coach of the boys volleyball team! Show me what you've got!" Suka replied.

They both walked back to their team mates, and Kuroo yelled, "You guys can serve first! You'll need the advantage..." and grinned evilly.

"Kuroo, take this more seriously." Suka said sternly.

"Whatever, it's not like they'll win." Kuroo replied.

Hiro took the ball and stood behind the line. Suka, Bokuto, and Kuroo were receiving while Akaashi stayed up at the net.

Kuroo and Bokuto weren't worried about loosing, so they stood lazily on the court.

One second Hiro jumped in the air to serve, the next second the ball was on the ground next to Kuroo.

"Yeah!" one of the boys yelled.

Kuroo stood in shock, then in fear. He knew he was about to get yelled at.

"What.... the... HELL WAS THAT! DO THAT ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL PERSONALLY KICK YOUR ASS. EVEN HINATA COULD RECEIVE BETTER." Suka shouted at her boyfriend.

"Sorry..." Kuroo muttered.

Suka looked to the other side of the court and saw the boys standing in fear as well.

"Nice serve. I like it." she said, sticking her thumb up in approval.

Hiro's cheeks turned a light shade of pink as he went to serve again.

This time Kuroo received it, passing it to Akaashi. He set up Bokuto who smashed it. However, he smashed it straight into the tall boy; Maku's block. Suka was ready though, and managed to dig it up. Akaashi set it again, this time to Kuroo. Kuroo spiked it into an open spot, scoring them a point. Suka and Akaashi went to congratulate Kuroo, but Bokuto was on the other side of the court, sulking.

"Great, Bokuto's emo mode. Just ignore it." Akaashi said.

"I'm not gonna ignore it, we need him! With out him, we're loosing 25% of our team. Just set it up to him one more time, okay?" Suka said.

"But what if he misses again?" Akaashi asked.

Suka jammed her fingers into his side. "Don't doubt your team mates!" she said.

"Ow!" Akaashi squeaked.

Suka went back to serve, and spun the ball in her hand a few times.

I wonder if this'll work... she thought. She held the ball in her hand, and turned sideways. She served it underhand, but it was different than a normal underhand serve. The ball soared incredibly high. So high, it got lost in the sky because of the sunlight.