2

Callie's POV:

I wake up to the sun peeking through the closed window in my bedroom car. I get dressed to go to the breakfast car. I look in the window of the door and see Clove and Blake sitting at the table talking. Frostine on the other hand is watching Capitol Couture on the television. I walk in and sit down next to Clove.

"...and I was voted most likely to win the games alone at the academy." Blake finishes his story. Then he notices me and we're all silent. Frostine turns around and motions for Blake to go with her. They left the car with just me and Clove.

"You shouldn't be worried." I say to her.

She's silent for a moment and then opens her mouth.

"The games are much harder than they look, Callie. It's not that easy as it seems on TV."

"You won the games! Can't be that hard!"

"That was all luck."

I pause for a minutes. Trying to find the right words to say.

"No. No it wasn't luck. It was skill and talent, toughness and bravery, strength and confidence. That's how you won. You're skilled and talented with knife throwing, you're tough and brave to whatever comes your way, you're strong and confidant to whatever seems to bother you. That's how you won."

"It's not the same."

"What do you mean? I'm your sister! I could do just about everything you can-"

"NO YOU CANT CALLIE. YOU DIDNT GO TO A LIFE TIME ACADEMY. YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO HOLD A KNIFE. YOU ARE SCARED OF THE DARK. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE AT WINNING."

Everything got silent again. I can't believe Clove said that! I was feeling pretty confidant about winning. But apparently my sister doesn't have faith in me. So what I'm 14! Maybe I'll be the one of the only 14 year old Victors! And I'll prove Clove wrong.