9

Callie's POV:

The water unfreezes and Blake's body slips into the lake. We get him out for any last minute miracles. It starts to get really dark out so we move on quickly out of the cold.

We come across the Autumn arena and quickly build a fire. We leave Blake real close to it so he can defrost. We all fall asleep a few moments later, but are soon awoken to coughs and deep breathes. I stand up to see Blake, alive again! We all sit there in shock, and think for a moment.

"But, we heard the cannon!" Violet says.

"Must have been someone else!" Bolt answers.

We all huddle in around the fire, when we see a creature with bright yellow eyes, creeps out behind the bushes. It lets out a low deep growl. Wolf.

We stay completely still, but as I try to back away from it, I snap a twig on the ground. The creature then throws itself at us and howls for his pack. Before we know it, we are completely surrounded.

More and more of them seem to be coming out from a giant tree near by. A huge swarm of tracker jackets emerge from their hives from the tree. We see an opening in the circle of mutations and immediately storm out of the situation and run for our lives. As I run, I realize I've gone further than the others.

I turn back and see that Bolt fell into a deep mud pool, and Violet and Blake are trying to get him out.

I run back and reach for a tree branch. Bolt grabs on, but the mutations caught up to us. Tracker jackers started to sting, and the wolves started to attack.

We had no choice but to abandon Bolt and had to save ourselves.

Boom! The mud won.

We are still running. The stings are hurting me so much. I scream in pain and then, the hallucinations begin.

I see Clove standing there in the arena.

She screams my name.

The runs back to me and picks me up off the ground and onto her back.

She runs into the mud pile.

We both go down.