3

Callie's POV:

We arrive to the Capitol at about 4:30 and we are already headed to the preparation room to get ready for the Tributes Parade. After 2 hours of beautifying, I meet up with my stylist, Polly. She sets me up in a peacock feathered dress with a jeweled head dress. Now District 2 isn't all about birds. It's more of the "richness" effect the peacock feathers gave it.

We head to the chariot and get lined up. The Capitol anthem starts to play and the crowd goes wild. Blake is wearing peacock feathers too and is looking sharp. He lightens up and looks powerful. District 1 quickly makes their entrance and we follow behind them. Blake waves proudly while I look around in wonder.

I quickly snap out of it and wave too. We're nothing special, but the crowd is going wild all of a sudden... I turn to quickly glance back and saw that the same stupid tradition with District 12. Everybody's gotta be on fire now!!! Ugh!!! Katniss Everdeen's costume was cool, but she was killed!!!! Nothing that special!!!

Our chariot stops front and center. President Snow makes his speech. "Welcome! Welcome. Tributes, we welcome you. Happy Hunger Games. And, may the odds be ever in your favor." He says some other stuff but I've heard this stuff on TV year after year. We ride back and go to our hotel rooms and settle in. It will be nice to sleep in a bed that's not on a moving train.

I fall asleep fast and have strange dreams about the arena...

Run Callie! Clove calls.

I run in every direction I can.

Everywhere I look, Blake it standing there with a sword running at me.

At one point, some Peacekeepers come out and hold me down.

Blake comes up to me with sword raised and I wake up instantly.

I'm still a bit nervous that it really happened. But we are from the same district AND we are basically the career pack so he would never turn against me.

Tomorrow is our first day of training. I can already say, UGH. But then at least I'll get a chance to see who will be easy to get first in the arena. I'll need some sleep tonight though. I calm myself down and settle back to sleep.