7

Callie's POV:

I wake up early and I'm sent straight to the hovercraft. I'm shaking like crazy. My knees can hardly support me. I get on and I'm strapped in. I see all the other tributes get strapped in too.

Once it takes off, a peacekeeper comes to me and puts in my tracker. It lights up my wrist and hurts a little bit.

The arena is far and the hovercraft isn't that fast. It takes 20 minutes, but we eventually land and are escorted to the launch room. Polly is in there and has me put on the tribute outfit. "It has a built-in insulator, yet it cools you down. Maybe the arena will be cold and hot."

"A snowy desert." I add. Polly giggles.

30 seconds

The intercom says.

I turn to Polly and she makes sure everything fits well. She looks at me and whispers, "Show them how good you are, Victor's sister."

I nod in silence as a tear starts to form in my eye.

20 seconds

I start to shake and sweat. More tears form as I give Polly one last hug.

She whispers to me, "Dry those tears Callie. Show them you are strong and tough."

I quickly wipe them away and I get my confidence face on.

10 seconds

I walk to the launch pad and the glass doors close. Everything's silent.

I'm raised from the ground into the arena. It seems to be 4 different arenas. But I don't have time to look. I look around the Cornucopia and see a bag of knives. That's mine. I say to myself. I look to find Violet, Bolt, and Blake looking ready at their weapons. The countdown is almost to one.

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

Run.