6

Callie's POV:

After finding out yesterday that I got a score of 10 from the gamemakers, today I have to face the crowds at the interviews. I go to Polly's room to get dressed in my costume. I'm a little nervous for what she has for me though.

She lets me in the fitting room and I take the cover off the mannequin.

My heart stops.

The golden dress shimmers as I twirl with it on. I turn in the mirror as my hair and makeup crew put the finishing touches to me. I look spectacular!

I get in line for the interview thinking of what I'm going to say.

It's quickly my turn and I walk out onto the stage.

Ceaser Flickerman stands up and introduces me. I smile brightly and I sit down.

"Ah," Ceaser begins, "Callie, Callie. I believe you have a famous sister, Clove, don't you."

The crowd goes wild and I nod and say, "Yes. I'm very proud of her."

"How does it feel to go through what she once did."

I think about this for a minute to remember number 10 on my survival skill list I made on the train.

Please the audience and Clove

I think of a good enough lie and say, "Its so wonderful being here in the Capitol, Ceaser. Everything is so lovely here!"

The crowd cheers in agreement.

Ceaser asks me more questions about going onto the games like Clove did and what things I've picked up on from her, when he finally asks one last question.

"Your outfit today. What's the story behind the Victor's crown on your head already?"

I look to the crowd and find a camera. I stair into it and say, "I believe I have already won. I may be small, but I am strong. Besides, I'm the Victor's sister."

The crowd goes absolutely insane. Me and Ceaser stand up and I bow. I walk backstage and go to Clove.

She has a few tears in her eyes. I run over and hug her.

This may be the last time I see her.

Tomorrow, I'm in the arena.