The last day

"Hey sweethearts." my mum woke us the next morning. Sleepily opening my eyes, I saw that Luke was struggling to get his open. I was SO glad both of us were dressed.
Luke sat up with a confused look on his face. "What? Oh, good morning." he yawned and wrapped the blanket around me, after which I realised that I didn't have any pants on. My mother knew that I always behaved relatively well, but if she saw that I was only in Luke's hoodie and my underwear, she would still freak. And I had caused enough trouble already this past week.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked my mum. She then explained that we could go shopping, and then the two of us - Luke and I - could go out tonight. After all, she told us, we deserved to have a little fun by ourselves without any adults around. But before that, she'd made a reservation for a boat tour which included pizza and beer. The beer was obviously a no-go for us, but not for the grown-ups. 
The plan seemed okay to us, and when my mum had walked out of my room, Luke walked over to his. A little while later Demi came back to our room, asking no questions whatsoever. I had raised her well; she knew that when it came to things like boys, I had a strict no-ask policy with her. 
After everyone was ready - that took almost over an hour - my sister and I walked downstairs. There was no sign of the men; they all didn't want to go shopping. And so it was just the four ladies. 
After we walked out of the first store I heard someone yell my name. It took me a while to recognise the voice, but when I did, I heard that it was Frank who was calling my name. He and Damian stood on the other side of the street, waving enthousiastically at me. I waved back and walked over to them. 
"Hey, what a surprise!" I hugged them. 
Then I remembered that despite the fact that Damian and I had a great time lately, I couldn't kiss him anymore. That wouldn't be fair towards him; after all, my feelings still belonged to Luke. However, that didn't mean that I couldn't hang out with him anymore. 
After the brief 'How are you', Damian offered to let Frank and him show me the city some more. 
My mum and Liz agreed, and so the three of us went the opposite direction.

"So, we were actually on our way to do something typically Dutch. Well, we as Dutch people shouldn't agree, but even we do it every now and then."
"You can just tell me you're going to smoke weed, you know." I laughed and they grinned. 
"Told you she'd guess it," Frank laughed and Damian smiled, "If you're not against it, of course."
"Of course not. I've never done it and I don't want to disturb your plans. Just don't get me to do weird stuff, okay?"
"Jessy, you innocent girl. Weed doesn't make you go crazy. Just a little." Damian winked at me and we stepped into a bar that strongly reeked of weed. 
Even though you had to be over eighteen to go in here, nobody batted an eye at me and I didn't have to show my ID.
Damian walked over to the counter and came back a little later with three bottles of water, and something that looked like a cigarette.
Frank took the cigarette from him, lighting it with no effort. He took a drag, and then handed it to me. I imitated him, but immediately regretted it. Coughing my lungs out, I quickly gave it back. Damian patted me on the back. "Be more careful next time, you don't have to inhale that deeply." he instructed me, and I tried again. This time it went a lot better, but after some more drags I got a little spacey. 
All I wanted to do was lay down, and lucky for me there was a couch in the corner of the bar. Frank helped me up and carried me over to it. 
After a short nap I felt good enough to stand up again, and actually kind of like myself again. 
"Okay, that actually felt... good? I'm never doing that again, though. Don't tell my parents th ough. Do I smell like weed?" I asked them and they nodded. 
"Let's get some fresh air." Damian said and the three of us walked outside. Luckily I had some perfume in my bag and I sprayed myself with it all over.
We were just five minutes away from the Dam Square, and so I called my mum to tell her were I was. We'd agree to meet there and while Frank left to go home, Damian walked me over there.
Realising that I hadn't discussed the whole 'We kissed last time' thing with Damian, I decided not to bring it up. After all, he didn't do that either. I guess he knew.
We did give each other a big hug as if saying goodbye though, and that was okay. I was sure I had made a friend in him, and for that, I was grateful.

Everyone was already gathered at the Dam Square, after which we walked to the boat.
Luke sat down next to me and whispered, "You tried weed, didn't you."
"How would you know?" I whispered back, hoping my parents didn't hear it.
"I've been your age too, you know," he grinned, "No, just kidding. What did you think I did the past days? It's Amsterdam, of course I did that."
I rolled my eyes at him. "Shut up! You're just a year older than me. Mr Know-It-All..."
We then ate in silence, which gave me time to enjoy the view. Amsterdam just felt so peaceful and homely. I wish we could stay here for longer...
Maybe, one day, I told myself, I would study here. Studying abroad had always been my dream, but up until now it had never been a serious thought. 
After the boat tour had ended, Luke and I went back to the hotel to get ready to go out. I called Frank to ask him if he knew some good places to go, and agreed to meet him at a club just ten minutes away.