Back

With a four day delay we were finally back in Sydney. 
Even though the bandage around my head looked idiotic, I felt good most of the time. The painkillers sure helped a lot and with enough rest, I could go a whole day without a headache.
The long flight home had been hell for me, even with the maximum amount of painkillers. My head had felt as if it was going to burst, but here we were, finally back home. 

Right now I was reading a book with Michael sitting next to me on the couch. He was playing videogames, but the amount of time I could spend staring at a screen was still limited for me. The bright light sometimes made my head hurt, so I tried my best to stay away from it. 
Luke was in the kitchen making us sandwiches. He had raided the fridge, which was a sign to me that he felt at home here. 
After we got home we talked a lot and then he asked me to be his girlfriend. Now I could proudly say we were officially dating!
He knew that he still had a long way to go before he gained back my trust, but both of us tried. This couldn't be a one-way thing, I had to try too. He hadn't been the only one making mistakes so I owed him that. 

Suddenly Luke's phone rang, and he grabbed it out of his pocket with one hand while balancing the food on the other. "Poser." I joked and he rolled his eyes at me. He didn't like it when I called him that, but sometimes I couldn't help myself. Even though his attitude had changed a lot, he couldn't help but show off sometimes. That was also one of the things we had talked about; of course he would still get attention as he was so good-looking, but I hoped I had made it clear that I didn't like it when he responded to the interest. 

"Hello? Yes, this is Luke Hemmings... Uh huh..."
He then remained silent for a while and then he widened his eyes. "Me, and the band? That's amazing! I'll call the rest and we'll discuss it. We'll call you right back. Thank you so much for the opportunity!" 
He hung up the phone and then looked at Michael with a very surprised look on his face. "Mike, call Ashton and Calum to come over here. It can't wait, tell them they have to come to Jessy's house. I have amazing news."
"What news?" Michael asked and Luke gave him a cocky grin. "Just call them, I'll tell you later. We all have to be here."
Michael did what his best friend asked him to, and just a little later Ashton and Calum came barging in. 
Calum slapped Luke and Michael on the shoulder as a form of greeting and then gave me a quick hug. Calum was the only one that I had never met; he went to a different school.
"So you're Jessy? Nice to meet you, I'm Calum."
He then diverted his attention to Luke, who was now looking eager to share what he had just been told.

"So, that was our manager. We have the opportunity to go on tour with McFly."