*Chapter 8- Tension*

AN: Michelle and Rachelle

Kat's Pov.

I gripped Chase's hand harder and looked at the stadium. Everyone rose, and bowed simultaneously. Soon, they got back up and clapped like wild animals.

Cheers were bursting left and right.

What is this madness? Us, royalty? Bruh! As if we weren't famous in the first place! Or had a huge influence on people!

But most importantly, I don't wanna be a Queen!

I guess I thought that too loud in my head, 'cause Chase looked down at me and shook his head slightly.

'Try to bare through it for now. We're gonna fix this. Just smile and wave.' he spoke. Almost instantly, I obeyed. My mind feeling like mush for various reasons.

Reason #1: Obviously, being nominated and dubbed a Queen. (I'm seriously hoping this is a prank.) I never wanted to be a ruler! Don't get me wrong, I love leading my pack, but that is it! Plus, me and Chase share the weight in everything. We make choices together, and sometimes, when we divide the paperwork and tasks, its in areas we know that the other mate is better at. Team work. With a pack. Not a Goddamn nation! How long have they been planning this? Was our species really that outta control? Were there high demands on new rulers? Did they even ask me this? No! Hell, these people weren't thinking! Yes, I know Pappy is like a grandfather to me and I love him, but what's going on in that old head of his? Does he know how this will affect me? Affect Chase? My kids? The pack? The whole species? No! No one thought this through! Which leads me to reason number #2 on why I have a headache:

What the hell is wrong with the council? What are these people thinking?!

Don't get me wrong, I highly respect the council. We have never had any problems with them and they seemed to know their stuff. They helped a lot in the past years and they had made a huge difference in the werewolf world. Differences that no other council has ever made. Historical decisions! Like forming alliances with other species! Yes, the past councils have thought of it, but never went through with it. It was a nasty job that eventually, they gave up on. But mysteriously, this council has made peace treaties with almost every supernatural creature there is. So how come; after good streaks of decisions, economic help, social welcomes and gatherings, etc., they take this righteous 360 degree turn for the crazy side and practically blindedly, choose the next King and Queen? Hell, if it weren't for what happened in the past hour, the next King and Queen wouldn't even of been mates! Can someone please explain to me how they planned to make that work? Because last time I checked, a King and Queen were supposed to make an heir. And if the big two weren't mates, that would of been a big no no. Especially if they were both taken! So my question is, what the hell is going on?

And not to mention the fact that they supposedly looked into every Alpha's qualities and behaviors, taking in mind what was good for a king and what not, and chose Zayne! Out of all the Alphas in this world, they chose Zayne! And let's not forget that there are plenty of more Luna's or Alpha Females that are better equipped for the job of a Queen. I'm a freaking celebrity! What time of day would I have to take care of a Kingdom!? Hell, it's hard enough being a mom, Luna and celebrity. Throw into the mix the fact that I'm gonna be a Queen, and you've got yourself a ticking timebomb! Well, two actually. Since Chase is on the same plane as I am.