*Chapter 5- We are not a Pack*

Zayne's Pov.

When I got home, I huffed in exhaustion. Most of you people think that rejecting your mate is as easy as one two three. Well, it's not. Rejecting your mate has its consequences. Like for example, getting weak. It's dangerous for me to be weak, since I'm Alpha, I have a pack to run. But since I'm just that, and Alpha, I heal faster. The rejecter gets weak because his/her heart breaks in half. And in order to survive and move one, our bodies pulls out strength and healing abilities to mend that heart back together. Us rejecter's have it bad, but the rejected, have it worse. In some cases, it means death. But those are only rare cases. They can still happen, but they are rare.

That's why my body feels tired. But I'll get my energy back by eating and sleeping. This will possibly last 1 or 2 days. The rejected though? That's a whole different story. Kathrine will most likely be feeling like shit all over. They suffer symptoms from a plague or a high fever. Some survive, some don't. But I'm betting my money that Katherine will survive. I mean, she's lived this long hasn't she? She's toughened up. But quite honestly, I don't care whether she lives or dies. Who the fuck would want a weak ass luna? Nobody. I'll lose my respect, the control over my pack members. I'm not oblivious to how the people here treat her. They'll run over her once they realise she's Luna. And I can't be up her ass 24/7 protecting her when I should be running the place.

I need a strong Luna. One that knows how to order her pack, to gain respect. One that doesn't cower away in fear of a fucking fly. Or isn't afraid to take a punch, or give it. I need someone strong enough to handle my pack. They need strong leaders, and Katherine is not strong. She's weak. Too weak. Fragile. She could pass as a human!

Come to think of it, I'm doing her a favor. She won't get hurt or trampled over by pack members. She won't be disrespected. This is her place in the pack. The omega. Hell, she should be grateful to be in a pack!

I am so humble. I deserve a huge ass thank you from this ungrateful bitch. If she decides to not continue in my pack and be ungrateful, by all means, leave. We don't need her. Hell, I don't need her! She could be dying on a cliff for all I care. I did my part of being an Alpha, and I'm pretty damn convinced that I did the right thing.

Besides, I can easily replace her with someone else. Who? I still don't know yet. But her sister is hot. And fierce. Not to mention a freak in bed. Or her cousin. Her cousin gives awesome head. All in all, a mate is not important. Especially mine. I need a strong female that would make the whole pack cower and bow down on their knees. Not kneel over from laughter at her. I can't have a weak pup trying to fit the roles of a powerful woman. She's just wasting space. In the position and in my pack.

I would of rejected her a long time ago if I'd had known the outcome.

But my wolf thinks differently. He wanted to keep her and love her and cherish her. To make love to her multiple times a night every night. To comfort her in her time of need. To be the person she could rely on whenever she felt down or stressed. After all, that was the job of a true alpha. To protect his pack and mate. To love his pack and mate. To honor and cherish his pack, and mate.

I shuddered in disgust.

Urgh. I know right? Angel's a bit bonkers so I have been taking him to the psyche ward. I honestly don't see the appeal to her. She looks like a fat cow. And I don't know who I'm insulting, her or the cows.

'You immature brat! Not once have you made a valid reason for rejecting her! Or pointed out her real faults! Why? Because she doesn't have them! If you would just train her, she would be ready to go in no time. And as for your childish remarks about my love, she is not a fat cow, asshole! If you looked closely at her, you'd see she has bones sticking out and bruises because of the beatings! She needed us then and she needs us now!' Angel, my wolf yelled, making echo's flow around my mind.