*Chapter 3-Moving Forward*

Moving Forward

(Sorry for the confusion and missing bits, I was editing those.)

"What? Why?" They asked at the same time.

I took a moment to think my response out.

"I don't belong here. I should of left a long time ago." I said.

They were quiet for a minute. Just as I thought that they weren't going to speak, the twin from the right spoke up.

"You-you. Um... You're the Wolf of Death right? One of the 4 deities."

I looked at her with what I hoped was an expressionless face.

"Yeah. I am."

"Have you. You know. Killed someone from the pack? Is that why you're leaving?" The twin from the left asked.

"No. I found out first hand what I am only a couple hours ago. I haven't killed anyone. Yet. But that's not the reason why I'm leaving." I answered.

"Oh." They chorused.

Silence.

"Well, you should go before you become my first victims. Remember, you never saw me." I spoke. As I turned around and made a 10 feet distance of us, they both screamed.

"Wait!"

I turned around confused and slightly annoyed.

"What?" I said.

"Can we go with you?" One twin said.

It caught me completely off guard and surprised Dainala.

Go? Why would they want to go? This is their home.

"Why?" I asked..

"We have been thinking about it for the last 2 years or so. We aren't happy here. We don't like it. We want change and a new life to start fresh." Twin #1 said. The one on the left.

"Besides, after today, we realized that this pack isn't worth the hassle or the time of day. It's shit and it's gonna get worse soon. We don't wanna stick around to watch that happen." Twin #2 finished.

"Where I'm going isn't a fuzzy home where we can start over. I'm gonna be in the woods for a long time. If you want to go, you can leave. That's your choice. Just know that it's dangerous to hang with me." I said. I was just about to walk away again when they screamed. Again.

"Please take us with you!"

"We don't care if your lifestyle is a dangerous one. We prefer that over this crap life. It's all too fake. At least with you it's real." Twin #2 started. "We can understand why you wouldn't want to take us with you. We were just as bad as all those hypocrites. We hurt you and made you feel bad."

"Hell, I'm pretty sure we might of even hit you. But that was what we are talking about! Our actions caused bad consequences. We have to live with that. We decided to make the mistake of falling for peer pressure. Something so stupid and small yet so effective. We are sorry for that. But please. Don't let our mistake cloud your judgment on us. We are normally friendly." twin #1 continued.

"And as for the danger. If anything happens to us, you won't be responsible for it. We were warned. Just please. Can we go wherever you're going?" Twin 2 finished.

I wasn't expecting that speech. Not so close to my freedom either. What if it was a trap?

'You're the wolf of Death. Just kill them all.' Dainala perked.