Minho x reader (fantasy) #1

********
This is a total fantasy story, meaning it doesn't follow real life in any way besides having Minho in it. If you like it and would like me to make more fantasy stories then let me know ^^ Let's go!
PS. I have watched too much Resident Evil VII 😂
********

They said it was an easy mission. You know, like, go in, get the stuff you need and get out without anyone knowing. Well...this definitely wasn't supposed to result in you and Minho being trapped in a radioactive old factory, which used to produce god knows what.

"You have a gun?" Minho's voice asked, pulling you out of your thoughts.

"No, I lost it on the way here and I'm definitely NOT going after it with THESE freaks behind the door," you answered, motioning towards the door with your head. Minho sighed and fell back on the bench you both were sitting on. Around you was a bunch of computers, of course, none of them working.

"I have a knife though..." you said quietly, pulling out a sharp pocket knife.

"Like that would help," Minho rubbed his face. "You can't just go and stab them."

You put your knife away and glanced at your watch which showed you higher radiation level than it should've been. The mission was expected to be quick and since the radiation levels were supposed to be really low, they didn't even give you a mask plus you weren't even supposed to go so deep in the building.

"Hear that?" Minho suddenly said, his eyes locked on the door.

"Hear what?" you asked in confusion.

"Exactly," Minho said and got up, reloading his handgun. "They're gone."

"And you want to go out there?!" you yelled while whispering.

"What other choice do we have? I mean, look at this place, no other way out, radiation levels are higher than they're supposed to be and I'm not even going to question what is it that's covering these wall," he made a point with a disgusted look on his face.

"Okay, but YOU have a gun. You can't expect to keep us both safe with that."

"If we're lucky, we can find yours on the way."

"Lucky..." you whispered to yourself while searching out your knife again. You pulled it out and stepped behind Minho.
"Are we still looking for the documents?" you asked before going.

"We have to," Minho answered briefly before slowly opening the door. As we stepped out, we saw a terrifying shadow disappear around the corner.

"Where are we going?" you asked, holding out your knife.

"Let's head towards the meeting room, the one we ran past before. The documents must be there," Minho pointed down the hall. This was the exact opposite way from the exit, damn it.

"Alright, let's get moving then, because one of my main interests is not to die in this hellhole," you breathed out and started following Minho, ready to run or attack what you could with your little pocket knife.

It was too quiet. No steps, no groans or roaring, no signs of the creatures...

Until a loud crash came from behind you. You turned around in fear and saw one. A terrifying creature with limbs like a person, but moving like a spider, black and dried out holes instead of eyes and mouth. Its ribs were broken and out of its dried slim body, acting like spikes with its disfigured spine along with them. With several of its guts hanging out, it had now positioned itself on the ceiling and turned its head 180° to look at you, which was supposed to snap his neck, but it didn't. It looked at you and smiled instead.

"DOWN!" Minho yelled and right when you ducked, he shoot the creature, making it shiver as it turned its smile upside down. Before you knew, you were back on your feet and running for your life with Minho dragging you by your hand. Behind you there was a loud screeching followed by a ton of creatures running after you.

"HERE!" Minho shouted, opened the door and pushed you in. Right before he could close the door, the same creature he had shot, got his head in between the door, but Minho was pulling the door with so much force that the creature's head snapped from its body and fell on the floor. Minho jumped to you, pulling you close to him. The head looked at you, its sad looking mouth getting bigger and then it died, it's nonexisting eyes locked at you two. You and Minho both breathed heavily before he turned to you with a worried look.

"Are you alright?" he asked, cupping your face gently.

"Yeah, I'm alright. You?"

"I'm fine," he smiled. You put your hands on his and he gave you a light kiss on the forehead.

"So, what now?" you asked, hearing scratching and screeching from behind the door. "The meeting room is NEXT to this one..."

Minho let go of you and inspected the room thouroughly until his eyes stopped on a vent.

"Maybe this can help us?" he offered and pointed on the vent.

"What is this, a damn horror game?" you whined. Minho gave you a small smile and went on to search the room. Yeah...a bad time to make a joke.

There wasn't much in the room. A long table with a few chairs, counters, a sink and a coffee machine. Everything else seemed to be destroyed or just thrown across the room so it was just a big mess.

You stepped in front of the vent and looked at it. You could get the screws loose with your knife! And that's exactly what you did. You pulled one of the chairs in the room towards the vent and stepped on it to reach the vent. The chair seemed a bit unsteady, but luckily it didn't break. You put the screws in your pocket and carefully removed the vent's filter, placing it on the ground. You really didn't like the look of it. The vent was extremely narrow, covered in some slippery black goo and you couldn't see any light at the end of it so you weren't entirely sure where it was going. Although it was an old building, some emergency lights were still on in the room you were in and you two had flashlights. If at the end of the vent there really was the meeting room, it was way too dark for your liking. You grabbed a flashlight from your belt pouch and shined it in the vent.

Your scream echoed through the whole room.

*********
Sooooo... If you are interested in this kind of story I will continue it so now it's like part one. Let me know, do you want to read more? ^^ Also, I have like 1159 words in this story and I never know if this is okay or too little. Heeeelp me😂
********