Taemin x reader (fluff)

****
@aotlover-nat I'm sorry if this is too short, but I feel like it would've gotten boring if I had tried to write it in my usual lenght.
I still hope you like it and thank you for the suggestion!! (Also sorry that it took a long time T^T)
****

It was finally quiet in your hospital room. You were tired.... No. Exhausted. She was your first child, so you had no experience whatsoever.

But you loved her from the moment you heard her cries. Yes, it was tiring, but love can't always be an easy thing.

You shifted under your covers into a better position. The room was dark and the smell of medicine started getting on your nerves, but you were going to get home soon anyway.

You inhaled deeply and exhaled with a quiet sigh before closing your tired eyes.

You barely got to breathe again before her cries filled the room again. You sighed and turned around, ready to get up.

"I'll go," you suddenly heard Taemin's tired and raspy voice from the other side of the room. After some shifting, you could see him moving through the dark room. He carefully picked up the baby and started slightly rocking her in his arms.

"You should get some sleep, you were completely alone here for the first few days. You must be exhausted," he quietly told you.

"I am," you stated, "but who said it was going to be easy?" you added. Her voice got quieter and quieter as Taemin walked around the room.

"It's not easy, but I'm here as well and I'll make sure that both of my princesses are okay," he said, turning to you. The moonlight from outside made his blonde hair shine and face visible. His eyes were locked on the tiny person in his hands. He couldn't stop smiling, looking at you now.

"I can't believe that she's ours...she's so fragile...Does she know that I am her father?" he asked, letting out a silly laugh. You giggled back and looked at her.

"I don't know if she knows now, but she will. And she will be so happy," you answered. Suddenly she started to wiggle around in Taemin's arms and a few short cries escaped.

"Oh right, I can't stop moving," laughed Taemin and startes walking back to your bed. He carefully placed her on the bed and took a small rattle with bunny ears.

"Hey, look here! Look what daddy has! Listen what sound it makes!" he spoke in a soft voice while rattling the toy. The moon was shining so the whole room was now a bit lighter. You looked at Taemin playing with your child with a smile on your face. He was making silly voices and the baby was now entirely focused on her father. Taemin moved the toy around and found it adorable how her eyes were following it with a confused look. Suddenly she closed her eyes and yawned.

"Oh, what was that~? What a big yawn, were you trying to eat me?" Taemin chuckled and put the toy away. He picked her up and moved her back to her crib again.

Of course, she didn't like it at all. She started crying again the second Taemin took his hands away.

"Huh...do you want a song? Daddy can sing you a lullaby," he whispered, bending over her and taking her hand. Soon Taemin's soft voice filled the room. You lay down as her cries get quieter again. You felt your eyes closing and before you knew it, you were asleep with Taemin's voice filling your dreams.