Jonghyun x reader (fluff)

Another day, another concert. People were rushing at the backstage so you and your son c/n tried your best to stay out of the way. Luckily, you two had your own quiet tiny corner to play in. You heard a soft knock and raised your head to see the guest.

"Hey, are you two alright here?" asked Jonghyun while giving you, his wife, and his son a smile. Upon hearing a familiar voice, c/n turned his head as well and a wide smile appeared on his face. Jonghyun picked him up and gave him a kiss.

"We're alright, trying to stay out of the way," you smiled and got up as well. "Shouldn't you be on the stage already?"

"No, not yet, I have time and..." Jonghyun was cut off by a staff member in the door step.

"The platform will be lifted in thirty seconds, hurry!"

Jonghyun quickly put his son back down on the blanket and gave you a kiss on the forehead before running off. C/n didn't like it as his mouth stared to quiver. You quickly took out a puppy Jonghyun plushie that you had made and gave it to your son. Some people said that it was weird to give the plushie dog ears, but it made c/n laugh and that's what mattered to you. Music started playing again and you recognised their hit song "Everybody". Since you were located close to the stage, it was easy to hear everything what was going on. There was a walkway up to the stage, but no one really used it so in some ways, that was the calmest place there.

"Ms. Y/n? May I disturb you for a second?" a young female voice asked. It was one of the new staff members. She was really shy so you did your best to relieve her anxiety, giving your happiest smile to her.

"Of course, I'll be right with you," you answered and gave c/n a few more toys to keep him busy while you were away. You got up and went to the corridor to talk to the girl.

"What's going on?" you asked, crossing your arms on your chest. It was a habit that you had, so you forgot that it may look threathening to the young girl in front of you.

"Fans have sent some gifts for you and your son as well. Are you interested in them?" she asked, looking often at her feet.

"Of course I am! Could they be brought here?" you asked. Although you didn't like fans sending you gifts because you didn't want them to waste their money on a stranger like you, you understood them and always accepted what they offered. You had been a fangirl before, you knew how important it was for them and to be honest, it was a really nice gesture considering how much hate you got every day for "stealing their man".

"Yes, we can bring them here, I'll get them," the girl bowed.

"Do you need any help?"

"No, there's no need, thank you for offering," the girl smiled and and half ran off. You just now noticed your crossed arms and cursed in your head. Finshed scolding yourself, you walked back in the room to continue playing with your son.

The room was empty.

As a mom, this filled you with panic. After a quick look in the room with no results, you ran out of the room to call someone for help.

***

"Everybody" was echoing through the whole stadium as fans were swaying their lightsticks, chanting along. But all of a sudden it was something else than the five shining boys, that caught fans' attention. There was a baby crawling on the stage with a plushie in his hand. But the loud music and bright lights immediately did their job and scared c/n sat down, starting to cry. The fans in front of the stage, seeing what had happened, started to shout and point at the baby, hoping that someone from SHINee would see him, but they were currently looking far into the crowd as much as they could while dancing.

Then, one of the fans caught Taemin's attention and instead of fangirling, she pointed at the boy on stage and yelled as loud as she could: "BABY!"

Taemin obviously didn't hear what she said, but out of curiosity, he took a look behind and saw a familiar little boy crying on the stage. He immediately left his spot and bolted for the child. Now, the other members also took notice of fans' strange behaviour and looked in the direction they were pointing. Jonghyun, after seeing his son in complete panic, left his place as well and ran after Taemin. Music was stopped and lights were turned down a bit.

Taemin bent down and took c/n into his arms, wiping away his tears and talking in a silly voice He took c/n's plushie and moved it around to distract him.

"Thank you, Taemin. You almost got hurt, little buddy," Jonghyun smiled as Taemin gave c/n over to him. Upon seeing his father, c/n stopped crying and reached for his daddy. Jonghyun gave c/n a few small kisses, which made him giggle. The stadion had been quiet this whole time, but now fans were awwing at the sight.

At that moment, you arrived on the stage, panting and heart pounding from running and fear. A wave of relief washed over you once you saw your son being held by your husband. You bowed a few times to the fans, apologising for disturbing the concert.

"What is this?" you heard Taemin ask, pointing at the plushie in his hand.

"My wife made a plushie of me so that c/n won't cry about me not being there most of the time," Jonghyum answered, not realising that the mics were on. That sentence resulted in a sad aww from all the fans.

Jonghyun, a bit flustered, turned to Shawols right away. "Don't worry, after that concert I'll be taking a little break to be with my family."

All the fans seemed on board with the idea and cheered loudly.

"Daddy needs to perform now, okay? I'll be with you soon," Jonghyun said and gave c/n to you, but his lips started quivering again. Jonghyun gave him the plushie and kissed him on the forehead, which made him giggle once again. Jonghyun took c/n's hand and shook it like he was making a deal.

"When this song is over I'll come and see you, okay?" he stated and tickled c/n, before waving and walking back to his spot with others. It looked like c/n understood, because when you went back to backstage with him, he didn't cry even once.

******
Hey! I'm back with @aotlover_nat 's request! The words in bold are the ones that were given to me, like usual.

I'll try to get back to updating on weekends, because I need to learn to use my time efficiently instead of wasting it all the time.

Give me feedback if you feel like it!

Also, here's some breathtaking pictures of Jonghyun that I found. Just thought I'd let you know.

 Just thought I'd let you know

Aquaflowey is back for now!