5. Past Lives

I do not own the vampire diaries, all rights go to owners. I own only Carlotta and Andrea and any other characters I may create

Chapter 6

)Katherine's POV(

Present Day, The Grill, Mystic Falls

     I sat at the bar, confident in the knowledge that Elena would be with the brothers for the better part of an hour, maybe two, much of that time being spent snogging with Stefan, while Damon drooled over her. I snorted as I thought of Damon. For someone who pretends to be uncaring, he sure gives his heart away quickly, I thought, amused.

The blond one...Matt...came up to me and smiled. "Elena!"

Ah, yes. And then there was Matt, who, despite everything, still pined for Elena. Naughty boy, he was dating the other annoying blond...Caroline. 

"Matt," I grinned, and playfully tossed an empty glass between my hands. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you in ages!"

Matt rolled his eyes. "I went down to North Carolina for a few days, and speaking of, are you Elena today, or are you Andrea?"

Andrea? I thoughtWho the hell is Andrea?

I groaned, mentally swearing at Elena. "Sorry Matt, I was drunk, and..."  You owe me big time, Elena, I thought.

He nodded. "It's cool, I get it." He motioned to the glass in my hand. "You want the North Carolina special, or the usual water?"

"Oh, North Carolina special," I said, grinning. Wow. Elena really is a dull-as-dish-water doppelganger.

Matt slid a bottle of Smirnoff across the bar. Picking it up, I read the green label. Apple.

I waved the bottle, and smiled. "Later!"

Rolling his eyes again, he waved back.

I strode out of the Grill, and saw a squealing girl being roughly shoved into the alley by a tall man. I hid the bottle in a window, and cautiously followed them, and the girl was thrust to the ground, her ginger hair quivering in fear, as the man was about to jump on her, when I snarled, embracing my inner Carlotta. She had never put up with this stuff.

"Leave her!"

The man froze, and stood up. He turned to face me, and his eyes widened at the same time as mine. It was Graham, one of Klaus's witches. Snarling, I leapt for him, unaffected by his witchy-voodoo, and sunk my teeth into his neck. Witch blood would hold the cravings for days. 

When he went limp, I knew it was a trick, and jumped on top of his back before he could grab my feet from under me. He hesitated for an instant, and during that split second, his life ended. I sunk my teeth in again, and he crumpled to the ground like the dead body he was. I stood up, and wiped my mouth in disgust. The girl pressed herself to the alley wall when I approached her. I held her by the neck, and her blue eyes froze as I compelled her.

"You will forget what happened here, today. You will not remember what he did to you, or what I did to him. You will forget I told you this. Now, go home!"

The girl closed her eyes, and I was long gone by the time she opened them.

)Carlotta's POV(

Present Day, Bordering Mystic Falls