14. Tunnels and Journals- It's All Very Harry Potter, Isn't It?

Chapter After Last

)Katherine's POV(

     I thrashed and screamed and fought against my restraints at the sight of a boy snap my sister's neck. I lunged for his neck and snapped it, too. Taking Charlotta in my arms, I went to jump up but something grabbed my ankles at the last second, sending me crashing back down to the rock. Screaming like a wild animal, I fought back, blind with rage. "Katerina! Kata-" an eerily close voice yelled, their hand pressing down on the back my neck, pressing me down.

I froze. "Elijah?"

"Katerina," Elijah said, and allowed me up, though kept a very tight grip on my neck with his cold hands, as if to say, no matter how strong you think you are, I am a million times stronger, and if you move a muscle, I will snap your head clean off your neck.

I glared at him. "Charlotta-"

"Will be fine," Elijah cut in. "There's someone here who wants to have a talk with her."

The man who had snapped Charlotta's neck came into view. Caelan Angelov. I gasped in horror, then vertigo struck me like a match.

Dashing through the forest, my breath comes ragged as I flee from the house, too shell-shocked to even run quickly, like a true vampire. Klaus had killed my family, but where was Carlotta?

"Katerina..." a voice like the wind whispers. I shriek and double my pace. Something darts in front of me, and I stop when I realise who it is. Caelan Angelov. 

"What are you doing here?" I demand, trying to sound confident; this is- was my father's land, for all Caelan knew, I was completely within my rights to do as I please here.

He glances over my shoulder, "Where is Charlotta?"

"Why do you care?" I sneer. Bad enough that we knew each other well enough to no longer be required to address each other by our titles, now he was making voluntary house calls on my dead sister?

"Katerina!" He yells and grabs my arms roughly, a deranged look lighting in his maddened eyes. "Where. Is. She?"

"Ow, Caelan, get-" I struggle, but even with all of my vampire strength, I can't seem to shake him.

"Where. Is. She?" he screams out each word psychotically.

"I- I don't-"

"Don't lie to me!" he screams, his grip on my arms tightening, and I can see something red seeping down the sleeves of my dress.

"What are you?" I gasp out, shocked when the wounds don't heal.

He glares at me. "You don't know where she is? No, you don't." He releases his grip on me and disappears into the shadows. I chase after him. "Wait," I cry after him, "where are you going?" But I find only mist and shadow. I fight the urge to collapse on the ground and scream, barely remembering that the blood had still been trickling out of my family; Klaus must still be here. Terrified, I gasp in a breath and flee, running at top speed away, trying -but failing- to ignore the tears that streak down my cheeks as I choke out bitter, suppressed sobs.

What had Caelan Angelov been doing on my father's property, looking for Charlotta? Last time I checked, she despised him.

Maybe you don't know her as well as you thought you did, a tiny voice whispers in my head. 

"Katerina," Caelan said grimly, snapping me out of my reverie. "Pleasure to see you again."

I bared my fangs at him. "You always were a rat ba-"