9. Catherine and Heathcliff

I'm back from the dead!!!! I know, I'm so sorry I haven't gotten this to you sooner, but school just started, and I can't post on Wattpad during the week :'(

I was reading the last chapter, and I realise I left you guys on a little cliff-hanger.... (omnious voice) "And his name was Klaus...." LOL I started laughing for ages after that one.

So, anyway, here's the chapter: 

)Carlotta's POV(

     "Carlotta, wait!"

I growled under my breath at my sister. What did she mean, I was supposed to look after her? I did! I searched and searched for her! I sent Trevor! I helped make him fall in love with her! I convinced Rose to deliver her to Klaus perfect! Made sure she left the rope in Katerina's room! I knew that she would consider all of her options, even the crazy ones. Especially the crazy ones. We both had a -metaphorical- internal compass, it led us down the right roads, and, at times, it pointed to the direction of self-preservation, no matter what the means. And at that moment in 1942, the compass pointed to the rope. Even as a human, I had been able to save my sister. Yet, as a vampire, she couldn't do the same for me. 

Bulgaria, 1492 

"Charlotta, listen to me," my father bellows. "Katerina is gone! And good riddance," he mutters under his breath. 

"Father!" I cry. "Why was Katerina sent away? She and Prince William were due to be wed, anyway! Why have you banished her to England! She is your daughter!"

"No," he sighs, then bends down to face me. "You are my daughter. You were always the one that never let me down. Katerina is gone because her daughter was not William's. It was his brother's."

"Peter?" I gasp. The father of my child, the one I had given away a few years ago, fearing the consequences. But Katerina had always been braver than I.

"Here," Father presses a small box into my hand. "Your other siblings thought to give this to you, and I had it touched up. Your mother put it on an old chain of hers."

I open the box and find a beautiful necklace. Dangling from a flawless golden chain, a large sapphire jewel shines, cased in the back with golden inscriptions in a foreign language. I gasp in awe. Father smiles and Mama carefully helps clasp it around my neck. I smile at it, then at my parents.

Father hugs me, then leaves the room, hollering after him, "I'm off, dinner won't catch itself!"

Mother and I exchange a glance, then smile. She fluffs out my wild hair and adjusts my chain so it hovers over the top of my dress. "Come on," she says gently. "I have to show you something."

She puts her best purple cloak on and hands me my favorite emerald green one. She also takes my younger brother, Nathaniel, with us. We each mount a horse and ride off into the woods. Mother leads me and Nathaniel expertly, until we finally stop.

"What did you wish to show us, Mother?" Nathaniel asks.

"Over here," she calls, an excited grin on her face, making her look like an excited child, not the mother of seven we knew her to be. 

We follow her obediently and we finally reach what she wants us to see. A beautiful waterfall in the middle of the forest. Shrieking with joy, Nathaniel runs into the water, fully clothed.

I gasp in shock at him, then a small grin creeps across my face and I follow him. We splash in the water and our laughter echoes off the rocks.