Chapter 1

A restless young blond teenager went running down the village of Kohana. He was about 15 in age. He reached the tall gates that lead outside. Two people his age were waiting for him. One was a male taller than he, who wore a short belly shirt, paler and had black hair. The young woman was about the same height as the blond who had short pink hair.

“Sakura!” He yelled. He looked around, “Where is he?”

“Late again of course.” Sakura shrugged her shoulders, “Wonder what excuse this time.”

Soon a few hours have past, when a man almost in this thirties came by. He had silver hair, with one of eyes covered with his ninja head band. He reached the rest of his team who also had head bands, though the location varied between all of them.

“Sorry I’m late… A black cat crossed my path…”

“You used that one before!” The blond yelled out. “What’s our big mission anyways Kakashi-sensei?”

The man blinked and gave a sigh, “Didn’t you read the details Naruto?”

“It didn’t say much, just investigate a strange cry on the full moon.”

Sakura shook her head, “We have to figure out that cry. There isn’t any other detail outside of that besides the fact it always sounds like some animal is in pain.”

“Well let’s head out already!”

It took a day and half for the team of ninjas to arrive to the village. A young woman was out shopping. She wore a long dress that covered her legs. It was all blue that matched her eyes. She had red-orange hair. She had a summer hat on. She noticed the ninjas, but made no contact with them.

“Why don’t we start with her?” Naruto asked, “Try talking to the locals you know?”

“We should split up and see what we can find.” Sakura agreed.

“I will question her.” Spoke the other male teenager.

Naruto looked at him a bit angry.
“Now now,” Kakashi stepped in stopping a fight before it can even start. “Naruto let Sai take this one huh? You can be a bit tactless at times.”

“Fine…” Naurto pouted. The team split apart.

Sai walked to the young woman. “Do you need any assistance?” He served a fake smile, and his words were emotionless.

“I got this,” She spoke, knowing that he was going to question her.

“What is your name?” He had asked.

She shook her head, “Will you offer yours in return?”

“I am Sai.”

“Hiko.” She paid for her food and started walking down the marketplace with Sai walking with her. “What do you want?”

“I am on a mission to locate a noise that happens only on the fullmoon. Surely you know it?”

“I am a heavy sleeper I assure you, but there are rumors of a noise. Try asking someone else. Now if you excuse me Sai.” He let her walk away but kept an eye on her. She walked right out of the village. He turned to the shop owner who sold her the food after back tracking a little bit.
“What can you tell me about Hiko?”

The shop owner blinked, “She’s quite. Not much to say. I have to say though the timing when she moved to the village is strange, not even here for a month before the cries started. She lives just on the outskirts away from everyone, but she said she has always been a country girl.”