Chapter 19

Hiko was in an empty field. She knew this wasn’t real, but she wished it was. The house behind her was her old house. Her father, her mother was there holding each other looking into the field but they weren’t watching her. Neji went up to Hiko, his arms were around her. In front of them where children running around. “Big brother!” Their daughter was chasing their son.

“My blood is going to be even more duilted…” Kuruma shook his head.

“Any ideas on how the demon blood will do to the bakugan?” Hiko asked.
Neji shook his head, “Well it seems like the scent genes didn’t get passed down, that would have pissed of the Inuzaka clan.”

“Let them be pissed.” Hiko shrugged her shoulders. “Your genetics are stronger it seems, but maybe the eyes will be stronger with them and maybe the blind spot won’t be there.”

“If that is the case…”

“They will have to be put into the main house.” Hiko grinned, “No markings will be on my children.”

“Will they allow them though? A quarter demon, meaning…”

“Meaning what?”

“They transform as you do on the full moon.”

“Not as strong Neji. They get an increase in chakra which makes their emotions rise.”

Was this so evil? This was the future Hiko wanted, the future in which she longed for. Children with someone she loved, a family she could be a part of. She knew it wasn’t real, for the future can’t bring the dead back, and Neji and her mother are gone, both gone in war. This wasn’t the truth, but did it matter if it made her so happy?

“Mommy!” Their daughter yelled, “Make big brother share!”

********
Hiko opened her eyes, it was morning. Naruto did it. She frowned slightly, she wanted to go back to sleep. “Come on sleepy head.” She heard Neji spoke. She looked up, there he was with a smirk, “It worked, though I must say your chakra is much to strong, if my body didn’t need it, it would have killed me.”

Hiko got up with a smile, “Neji!” She was in her human form and jumped onto him. “Don’t scare me like that! I thought you were gone… We all did.”

“Yeah, I heard.” Neji laughed off. He set her down, “Hiko, you were right about making it until dawn.”

Hiko smiled. She looked around. “Where is everyone?”

“Naruto and Sasuke are fighting over who is strongest. Sakura is healing the idiots. Hinata and Hiashi are getting the wounded out to the healers… Kakashi is in a meeting as he was the next Hokage after Douzo. The meeting will determine if Tsunade will retire or not. And the allied forces are heading to their homes, much like what we should be doing as soon as you get dressed.”

Hiko smiled, “Yeah, your back.” She looked at the sky. “Real life is better than some dream.” She spoke softly, “The future I wanted was seen, and Mama was there. I was happy, because my family was there, and the family I hope to have one day.”

“Family for me as well. You got along well with my father.” Neji answered. “Let’s go home okay?”

“I don’t have clothes you know. Does that mean we won’t go home?” She asked.

Neji laughed.

*********
Hiko was in her fox form as Neji was protective over her other form. Humans are so sexual. She found Naruto and Sasuke in a tent. They were grinning and won’t tell anyone who won. “You are right.” Sasuke spoke to Hiko, “About Naurto wanting to clean the government if I can’t.”