Chapter 10

Neji nodded his head looking at the star ball he had. “You shouldn’t have done that for me.” He held it tightly.

“I did not just do it for you, but for your clan as well.” Hiko looked up at him. “I know about the sacrifice the branch family does for the main family. All to protect your bloodline limit. I wanna help lift those burdens…” She stood up. “And so that star ball of yours is not just yours. When you are here in the village, and Hinata is on the mission she can use it. You see, that way I can watch over the clan and not be there.”

“What if one gets destroyed? Or both?”

“Then I am lost in the void when I die.” She answered. “I gave up on going to whatever afterlife if there is one. And taking my hearts of hearts out, when I die I will go there within, and I will never die unless it is destroyed. They are not easy to break, but still treat them with care. And after I do die, one Hyuga can have one, and have another have the other, and they could still use them to talk to each other, or even talk to me so I can use wisdom in helping the clan still.”

“You put a lot of thought into this.”

Hiko nodded her head. “I have.” She stood up.

“Of course the Hyuga clan will take care of it. The children miss you, they were crying when you didn’t come back.”

Hiko smiled, “Really?” She looked up at him. “Neji, did you wish to talk yesterday?”

“I wanted to know your location, in which to get a team too met up with you.”

“Oh.” Hiko leaned against the tree next to him. “Was that all? You were putting a lot of chakra into it.”

Neji looked away, “You never responded so I got worried.”

Hiko smiled. “Neji…” She leaned against him. She couldn’t resist teasing him a bit, “And did you miss me?”

Neji humphed, and looked at her, but didn’t say anything.

She bumped him. “I missed you too you know.” She got up, “Well, I’ll leave you to your training, I need to go see the little Hyuga’s if they were crying over me.” She winked and left.

********
Hiko was in her fox form and some of the children were laying against her using her as a pillow when Hiashi returned. He looked at her, “Hiko,” he walked inside. The children got up grunting, and Hiko got up. She stuck her head with the doors of the main house, looking at him. “You can come in you know.”

Hiko transformed and put on her dress on. The Hyuga clan already got used to her not being able to transform clothes. She got inside and sat across from Hiashi. “Is there something you wish to talk about?”

“What history do you know with our clan?”

Hiko shrugged, “Not much. I only know that a clan wanted power by stealing yours, but they failed. That is really it. Why?”

“You told history to one who didn’t need to know it.”

Hiko rolled her eyes. “Sasuke needed to know the truth. Would you prefer that he used me to attack the village?”

“You should have cleared it.”

“I am not apolozing for anything.” Hiko stood up. “Sasuke needed the truth; he needed to know the holes in the system. He knows how to fix it now.” She sighed deeply. “Look, I avoided even more bloodshed, I got Sasuke home when others could not. He needed the truth about his own clan. He knows his is not innocent and now he knows that Obito was trying to use the young one for his own needs. He wants to be Hokage so he can correct the damage done. Otherwise it would be another geration of pain between the Senji and the Uchiha. Without knowing history those are always doomed to repeat it.”