Chapter 3 On The Way to Kohona

Naruto’s looked soften. “I was judge based on the kubi is inside me. I know it’s hard but you will find people…” He stopped when Kakashi walked to Hiko.

“You will have to come with us.” Kakashi spoke, his eye still trained on her.

“So you can use me as a weapon? I’ve seen what you ninja have done with the other tailed beasts. What will make me different? My so called human blood?” Hiko asked.

“Shirt Hiko.” He spoke looking at the naked kitsune.

Hiko rolled her eyes, and just transformed again. “You humans sexualize everything…”

“Other ninja will want to use you.” Kakashi answered her earlier question. “We cannot allow you to be used as weapon. We have seen what it has done with the other jinchuriki. We will use force if necessary.”

“You seen what it has done with other…” She quoted, “And yet you speak not on the demons inside these jinchuriki. Do they not have the same rights as you ninja? Or do you not care about the demons?”

There was nothing Kakashi or anyone could have said that wouldn’t be any form of discrimination against the tailed beasts. Naruto looked at Hiko, he was the only one who could somewhat understand what it was like to be oppressed. “Hiko,” Naruto spoke, “Please come with us. I promise that things have changed. You won’t have to hide anymore, you wouldn’t have to keep moving place to place never having a real home. We can show them together that their hatred is misplaced. You wouldn’t be able to hid it with the Inuzuka clan, so you can just be yourself. What do you say? You can be near your father, as long as you don’t pull on the seal then you can see him when I’m not busy…”

Hiko blinked at Naruto’s words. “I will not be alone?” She had asked.

“Yeah! You better believe it!”

Hiko nodded her head. “Okay. I will go. Though the moment that you want me as a weapon I will fight back.”

Naruto nodded his head. “Well let’s go!” They returned to the village so that Hiko can grab her clothes that she would have left behind. Soon enough they were on their way. Hiko didn’t bother wearing a hat anymore. She ripped the dresses in half to make a shirt/skirt combo so her tail can be free. She looked over at the ninja group, Kakashi covered his eye.

Sakura looked over at Hiko, “Why do you fear the sharingan?”

Hiko’s ears lowered, “A master sharingan user can control us… I don’t know how it works, that is how Madara had controlled Papa… I am sure it can control me.” She looked over at Kakashi, “You have a sharingan, did you know of that power?”

Kakashi lead the way to the village, “I did not.” He didn’t have anything else to say.

Sai looked at Hiko, “You need a nickname.” He said simply. “Nicknames are given by peers to create bonds. Yet I do not know what nickname to give you.”

“Uh…” She shook her head.

“Hiko-chan!” Naruto yelled, “Why don’t we go around and tell you about ourselves and you can tell us about yourself. I’ll go first…”

Hiko listened, Naruto was indeed simple, Sakura was a bit more complex, Sai didn’t really know how to answer, and even Kakashi gave vague answers. Hiko knew they were only putting up with her, when she will arrive at the village she will see how they treat her. Though they all seem to want to save this Sasuke Uchiha and bring him back home.
“It’s your turn Hiko-chan.” Naruto spoke. “Come on, you have seen how it is done.”

Hiko looked at the sky, “You know my fears... so let’s skip that… I like fish, and I like seafood and those red bean treats. I like watching the clouds, and being in nature. I don’t like greedy humans… I don’t like having to move all the time… That’s pretty much me. I don’t really have any hobbies.”