♥07♥ Part of me 3

Kasamatsu was unable to sleep. Tossing and turning didn't make it easy to sleep one bit and he didn't know what to do. He argued with Hisui not so long ago...

He sat up and sighed heavily, looking at Hisui sleeping rather messily on the other futon. You would have thought she would put their futon close to one another so it would look like one big futon but she didn't want the idea after the argument back in the hot spring. 

"Hisui..." 

Hisui smiled happily, "Heh...hahaha~! I'm so happy I can't stop smiling~." 

"Hisui..." 

"But Senpai, I already have an owner. Oh! But you can always ask my owner and see if we can see each other often!" 

"Huh?" He was disappointed to hear that. He wanted her to say that she would like to be kept by him. "What if your owner is never found? You're happy with me, why don't you let me be your owner-" 

"Huh? I have only one owner." She looked very offended by his words. He had never seen her angry before, well, he had when she was angry over the ending of an anime she liked but this sort of anger was true from the heart. 

"Your owner told me to take care of you, Hisui. He's...he's unable to be your owner anymore." 

"...that's not true." 

"Hisui-" 

"I just know my owner wouldn't abandon me like that!" Hisui made Kasamatsu let go of her and she turned her back to him, hands close to her heart so she wouldn't be hurt by anything. "Please stop being so mean to me, Senpai..." 

"I'm not being mean to you, you don't even know what your owner looks like anyway!" 

"I will know when I see him!" 

Kasamatsu laughed lowly, "Even when he looks like me?" 

"Huh?" 

"Your owner's face is literally my face, yet, you don't even remember! 'I will know when I see him', bullshit!" 

"Senpai, you're hurting me..." 

"You're the one who is hurting yourself to find someone whom you can never ever find in this lifetime! Stop wasting your time-" He grabbed her wrist and forced her to look at him. When their eyes met, he saw tears streaming down from her eyes. She was crying because of the words that were stabbing her. Was Yuki irreplaceable to the her who could not remember him? Kasamatsu gently let her hand free, shocked that he had hurt her when he promised to himself he would protect her...

"I really screwed up." He shouldn't have hurt her like that. Why did he hurt her like that anyway? Was he jealous of a dead person? What a laughable thing to do. 

He decided to go to the barley field for a stroll, to cleanse the mind from all the storm and turbulence inside. 

"Oi, you said she couldn't remember you, why does she know she has an owner?" 

Yuki appeared against the tree that stood all alone in the middle of the barley field, "I said she doesn't remember me...I didn't expect her feelings for me would linger behind. She is a powerful little demon indeed." 

"Now is not the time be complimenting the stupid cat." 

"Nor is it the time to upset her." 

Kasamatsu doesn't even know why he was angry over it. He shouldn't be angry over Hisui's words.