♥08♥ Part of me 4

Even though he told Hisui she was important to him, there's still a part of him who was confused with the turn of events. 

He tried. He tried to enjoy the rest of the trip with her and create many smiles with her but the questions about his fate and the choices he was making kept lingering in the darkness of his own heart.

Was his fate predetermined before he was born? He was born for the sake of Hisui's happiness all this time? Everything that made him him turned out to be for her this whole time? He doesn't lose a single thing but was it okay to accept things this way? Was Hisui being important to him his own choice or was it because he was born to feel that way for her? Was everything his own choice? 

"Argh! I am getting a headache just thinking things through!" 

"Kasamatsu-kun?" The elderly inn keeper was knocking on his door. 

Kasamatsu unlocked the door for her, "Yes?" 

"You dropped your phone." 

"Oh! Thank you very much!" Kasamatsu pressed the home button to see the wallpaper was changed to a selfie picture of Hisui taking the picture while he was sleeping at night. When did she take this? Last night? Why did she stay up later than he did? And how did she know his password anyway? 

"Your girlfriend is so cute." 

"Oh...oh." 

"You don't seem happy, young man." 

"It's not that I am not happy...it's just there is a lot that I am thinking about." 

"I see. Most importantly, is she important to you?" 

"Huh? She...that I don't know." 

"What do you mean you don't know?" 

"Is the answer really me answering of my own free will? Or is this something already predetermined from the start just for her?" Why was he trying to find understanding from an old woman anyway? He must be going mad- 

"That depends what you want it to be. Do you want to deem her to be important by your own choosing? If you don't, can you leave her on her own?" The old woman did not provide him with an answer but she did ask him a question where he could not answer. She made a good point; how does he want things to be?

Kasamatsu stared at the old woman, a little surprised. He thought the old woman made a lot of sense; if he had his own choice, does he want Hisui to be someone not important to him?

"Hahaha~!" Hisui was outside running in the barley field without a care in the world, she loved the field a lot because the barley brushed against her no matter where she went. She also liked how the little bits of the barley suck in her hair. This time, she's going to come back stuck with many bits and bobs so Kasamatsu will have to be annoyed and shout at her! 

Hisui saw something glowing soft green flying past her. What was that? She quickly followed it in hopes to catch it. 'Maybe if I catch that, Senpai will be very happy...' Her innocent thinking lead her to follow the soft green glow into the darkness of the forest without a sense of fear...

Watching Hisui walk into the forest, Yuki's spirit looked at the wandering cat make her way elsewhere. He better follow her and keep an eye on her. 

Hisui wasn't afraid of venturing into the dark forest because she was relying on her vision as a cat. During the day time, she would use the vision of a human, but she would use cat's vision whenever it's night time. This was very convenient for her since she's trying to catch the flying insect with a soft green glow.