Prologue

2-22-17
1,005 words

Time: Time is something that you get used to after a while, sometimes it goes too fast and when you're exciting or dreading something, it goes very slow. Time is something that at one time, you could never have enough of it, what with the feelings that used to run through your veins, or the happiness that used to course through your body whenever somebody made you smile. If, you could smile.

My mother used to tell me when I was young, a story that was so peaceful, it used to make me smile. She always left it to my father, to make sure that I knew there wasn't always happy endings, tis why the ending of the story I'm about to tell isn't all that happy.

It goes like this:

"A boy at the age of seventeen, was looking for his mate as he had already got an early education and he didn't want to learn no more from the pack's local schools. He wanted everyone to stay out of his way, he wanted his mate to be found soon. One day, when he was looking for his mate, he came across an old wolf that was laying on it's side, blood falling rapidly from underneath his fur where a bullet wound lay uncomfortably on his body. The boy asked the wolf 'who did this to you?' to which the wolf, replied 'time', of course a natural, real wolf couldn't reply unless in human form, or mind link but somehow, this one wolf did. The boy kneeled beside the wolf, looking at him through his grey eyes, and into the wolf's brown ones. 'How could time possibly kill you?' The young one asked, his lips set into a deep frown. The wolf winced as he tried to me, his tongue laying out of his mouth tiredly. 'Time can heal all wounds, or time can ruin you. Time can give you chances, what you do with those many chances, is your decision..' The young boy quickly replied with what he grew up to believe. 'I thought fate, made the choices of your life.' The wolf laughed airily, looking up at the sky where the sun had finally decided to come and show itself, through the dreary clouds. 'Fate moves, as does time. Your story grows as your time of life grows, your body grows as the longer time becomes, and you.. you are given chances, and the chances give you your fate.' The boy felt very useless for not helping the dying man in front of him. 'Where can I take you? To save you..' The man smiled, putting his paw on the boys hand. 'You have saved me already, you talked to me, you made me feel more cared for than in many years. If you listen to someone speak, if you truly listen and understand what they say, then fate has decided a chance for you, fate has decided for me. Listen young one, time never heals your wounds, you have to do that yourself. But, time will give you chances, and what you do with those.. will make the decision of your fate.' The wolf shut his eyes, the sun pouring down on him. 'What do you mean, fate had decided for you?' The young boy asks the wolf. The wolf smiles, but doesn't reply as the sun makes his body disappear, time stopping his heart.

I remember a time, when I had let fate decide every little chance that time had given me. Of course, I believe in the Moon Goddess despite what I usually act like. I'm a mean person, but when I love and care, it's like somebody has hidden and came back, its like a rainbow after a thunderstorm, or the first flowers that bloom in the spring. Or.. even if the lights go out, and a candle is the only thing lighting up the dark path through your house.

One thing that I have believed in ever since my mother told me that story that has been passed through our family for years was that fate doesn't decide your choices unless you let it, you decide for yourself so don't blame fate. Fate isn't a person, it's a word.

I am now twenty-five, and I have made a decision that could possibly ruin or help my life. I have rejected my mate, Alpha Xavier of the War Pack. If you haven't read my first life story, then all you need to know is he causes pain. He doesn't know what the world stop is, he just keeps hurting people.

We had one little argument.. then I walk in to say sorry after he was the one who should've said it, due to him saying he couldn't wait any longer to mate. We had marked, until I rejected and the marks disappeared. They burned away.. anyways, I had walked in to see him and a whore, named Dana. She was getting into his pants and he was letting her.

I should've rejected him a long time ago. What if the tingles were fake? What if I mated the wrong person and my true one is out there? What if.. what if Xavier is my true mate but I'll be lonely forever due to my rejection? The Moon Goddess assigns you one mate for the rest of your life, no second chances so there is no way for me to fall in love.

I will forever be lonely for the rest of my life, no pups unless I adopt, no nothing.. I know for a fact that even if I had a second chance at a mate, I would never be paired with a human. It would be impossible! Everyone knows that no human could possibly control me, heck.. I can't even control myself. No one, no one can save me from this darkness, this mate less person.. no pups.. I'll forever be lonely.

At least, that's what I really thought, until I met the Omega.

:

First chappie! How was it? There's probably a lot of miss-spellings but I'm too lazy to go back and re-read and all that.. save it for a year later😂

Comment💭, Vote

Everyone look at the amazing cover made by @ViolentPurple I adore her!

Much love to you all😘,

Hails💜