Chapter Three "That's a shocker."

2-23-17
1,126 words
Paris's Pov~

A smile has found it's way to my lips as I watch the fourteen year old hurriedly chew on the spaghetti. A giggle spreads from my lips and I cover my mouth quickly, realizing that anyone in the pack house could hear me and think I was weak, and I can't have that happening.

"Mom, your giggle is cute." He chuckles and I can hear the crack in his voice as he goes through puberty, his voice now deep and not at all as it was four years ago.

"Well, thank you little tyke," I wink as I ruffle his hair and move behind the counter to grab myself a water bottle from the fridge. A groan is heard as I call him tyke, causing a giggle to escape my lips once again. "So how did you find me here? Follow my scent? Or did you stalk me?" I wink at him before grabbing a water bottle and opening the cap, popping the little mini ice cubes that just crunch under your teeth inside. I'm not the only one who love those, right?

"Talked to uh.. Xavier." He coughs awkwardly and my hand stops in mid-air, the smile dropping from my face as I turn around to see his eyes watching my expression carefully.

"Xavier? As in the Alpha of the War Pack?" I may be acting cold towards my.. ex mate? But, he was horrible with what he did and I don't think I could forgive him. I just don't want anyone to try and think we're still together by the way my eyes light up when I hear his name, or the way my wolf says leave him be, he's not worth it but my human pleads to know how he is.

Stupid, I know. He probably doesn't even want to be with me.. he probably doesn't care so neither should I.

"Yes, that Alpha. He said he heard you moved far away and all that dumb shit-" I cut him off, raising my eyebrows in a strict, parent type way.

"Don't cuss in my household." I snap, glaring at him with accusing eyes causing him to smirk.

"What about you mom? You cuss all the time but you never stop." His smirk is challenging and I laugh, patting his head in a childish way.

"Oh Lance, just always remember to do as I say, not as I do." I put the water bottle to my lips as he glares at the wall, trying to make sense of what I just said. Poor fourteen year old.. he knows every dirty minded joke but not a simple wise one.

"Uh, I'm just going to act like I totally understood what you just said." He replies with a goofy grin. his white teeth showing but they're not perfect. At the sides they're really sharp and crooked, he'll need braces.

"Good. So how long will you be staying? Oh my gosh.. can I finally get your room re-modeled and take you shopping for school, or how about getting you ready to drive for the first time in your life, or training, or how about-" He bites his lip nervously, raising a hand to cut me off as a large smile as already settled its way on my face.

"Mom, I can't stay." My smile drops, my hands beginning to shake. He's leaving me.. again? "I'm sorry mom.. it's just that.. I'm the Alpha of the Blood Pack and I can't be gone for long, you need to know that-" I cut him off with a weak, fake smile.

"It's okay Lance, I totally understand. Look, I'm tired so I'm just going to go upstairs." He nods his head sadly, a pleading expression on his face as I leave the room quickly, running up the stairs and shutting the door, a tear falling out of my right eye.. and falling to the floor.

~

"Alpha, how long till war?" My beta asks, sitting down in the meeting room as I run my hands through my hair frustratedly. Every Alpha from every pack looks at me, well every Alpha except Xavier, he sent his beta while others brought beta's or omegas. I'm confused on why they brought their omega's because omega's are supposed to be the kindest of the pack, they also fear mate bonds like four times worse than a regular wolf and need attention all the time.

"I give it two months at the most," I say in my strict voice, making the alphas all begin to talk in murmurs to each other.

The door opens quietly and everyone's eyes snap to it, to see Alpha Kane and the scent of his Omega following him. My eyes meet the Omega's and I've felt a jolt of energy I've never felt before. It almost feels like when you look around, standing on the stage and people look at you, and you make yourself speak. Or when you've ate a whole bunch of junk food and feel disgusted so you make yourself exercise.

It's energy.

My eyes stay on his shaking body as he takes a seat beside Alpha Kane, Kane's eyes snapping up to meet mine but I keep my eyes on the Omega. The strange feeling is running even more in my veins now as I start to feel happiness, and I have no clue why, my wolf starts to scream and dance in my mind.

"Oh I'm sorry for being rude Alpha. Alpha Paris this is my Omega. Omega Legend, meet Alpha Paris." His golden yellow eyes snap up to mine and he breathes in a shaky breath from the intensity, I can tell he feels what I'm feeling.

"It's nice to meet you Legend," I speak softly, the people around us watching carefully as Lance sits in the corner, watching with a smile on his face.

"It's an honor to meet you Paris, I've heard all about you." He breathes out shakily, shutting his golden eyes for a minute before standing up, my body doing the same. It's like we're under a spell, moving towards each other with no signs of uncertainty as we meet in the middle of the room, stopping a few inches away from each other.

"You've heard probably rumors that are true." I laugh a little, which sounds more like a wheeze as he keeps me under his spell, daring me to leave.

"Maybe, but I don't believe most." His smile sends my head dizzy and my stomach flutters. What is happening to me?

"That's a shocker." I offer a small smile back, blushing as I look down. He holds his perfectly tanned hand out, and lightly touches mine.

That's when all hell breaks lose.