Chapter Twenty-Four "My Mate"

Xavier's Pov-
8-11-17

The wind howls as I walk around, watching my pack members turn into their wolves and run home from work, due to the storm.

But I can't turn into my wolf, because mine was taken from me.

I hear a scream but nobody stops to look, and then another scream and I realize it is a girls scream.

I run and run, towards the woods to find the girl who's screaming, the sound familiar as I run deeper, branches scratching at my shirt and face, snow falling onto my skin, and I wish for a jacket because I gave mine up to London, but I have much more serious things to worry about has I see a clearing ahead.

My body stops running as I look at the sight in front of me.

A lone, female wolf is growling at a large male wolf, and I can smell the rogue radiating off of him. "State, business, name, and property." I growl out, waiting for an answer as his wolf snaps it's head towards me.

The other wolf snaps it's head towards me and I realize it's London with her light grey eyes and black coat of brilliant fur glistening against the snow.

The wolf changes quickly into a human behind a tree, and says, "why should I answer an alpha with no wolf or strength?" I feel my body go rigid, the pain of actually not being able to change into one sets in, and I realize I really can't even help my pack in times of trouble.

I'm worthless.

"He does have a wolf, he just is too strong to use it right now," London says from behind another tree.

"25.2 miles, Rogue Pack, Sam, and I'm no ones property because my alpha is dead." He growls out the answers to my little questions that I had stated and I stand tall, motioning for London to come over and she does, dressed in her clothes from earlier, and my jacket.

She stands behind me and I grab her hand to calm her, feeling protective of her for some unknown reason. The male growls as he walks out from behind the tree in shorts and a regular shirt, no shoes.

"What was your business on coming to my pack?" I growl out, staring at him with my cold green eyes.

"My beta wanted me to alert you of a meeting tomorrow, I'm the messenger." He says snappily, a smirk on his lips.

"Then why were you getting ready to challenge my mate?" I growl louder, my jaws snapping.

I feel my wolf, even though I don't have it anymore. I can feel the real wolf inside of me getting ready to snap, and maybe the poison they put into my veins only really lasts for so long. I hope.

"She was too pretty to miss, I wanted to make her my mate."

My body snaps, a growl erupting from my throat and London holds onto my shoulder. "Do not touch my mate, do not speak to her, and do not touch her."

"Or else what? You'll go find someone with a wolf to beat me up?" His smirk grows, his black eyes laughing at me.

I let go of London and lunge forward seeing red as I take my nails and tear him apart, one by one.

But London never leaves my side.

-

"Here, it'll help with the bruising.." London mutters as she applies the ice to my knuckles that are bleeding, and swollen. I tense up, looking at the girl with no emotions as she takes care of me.

Why is she even in my pack house?

All she did was watch me tear that man apart and then follow me, and now she's taking care of me even though I told her to leave.

"Why didn't you leave?" I croak out, my voice cracking as I look at my knuckles then into her sincere eyes.

"You saved my life back there Alpha, this is the least I could do even if you don't want me here." She pulls the ice up and sees my bloody wounds getting all infected and goes to grab alcohol out of the kitchen cabinet.

She takes a cotton ball and dabs some alcohol on the knuckles as it sizzles, I look grind my teeth waiting for the pain  to stop.

"I'm sorry if it's hurting you but I-"

"It's not hurting me." I snap, glaring up at her. I am not weak.

"Okay, I'm sorry I just thought that-"

"Stop saying sorry, it's annoying." I snap again, looking at her with another glare. She sighs, putting the ice back on my knuckles and throwing the cotton ball away.

"You're a very hard person to deal with.  I hope you know that." She snaps before beginning to walk out, her lips set in a thin line.

"I'm sorry.. I just am not the same person I was." I whisper, and she stops, turning around to look at me carefully.

She walks towards me slowly, sitting down three seats away, her eyes analyzing my face carefully.

"You killed her because you were angry, weren't you? And hurt? You didn't just kill her because you wanted to, you did it for a reason.." She whispers quietly, looking at my eyes as if they'll talk to her.

"She picked Legend over me, and I loved her more than anything. She thought she had made the right choice, but me? I had to do it, I was so hurt and so blinded by my wolf in pain and anger that I hadn't realized what I was doing until it was.. too late." I look down at my feet in shame until London lifts my chin up with her two fingers and smiles a small, reassuring smile.

"We're all broken Xavier, but that doesn't mean that your wolf is gone. He's still there, you just have to ignite him once again. You have to ignite yourself, like every candle ignites a fire, every flame can destroy something like every emotion. You can have your wolf back, you just got to fight for it." And with those words, she was gone.