Chapter Eight "Daddy, it's okay."

2-25-17
1,023 Words
Paris's Pov-

It brings me great amounts of pleasure to see Legend's back muscles ripple as he brings one arm back and the other one back, each punch hitting Xavier more harder than before. I bite my lip, Legend's body more tense than before and it kind of shocks me to see an Omega this angry, especially when Omega's are never supposed to hit someone, or lose their anger, or even get mad. But here I am, watching the strongest person in this room, beat the shit out of a man I thought I had loved. Lance watches with great amusement as Legend punches with lots of force, Xavier almost unconscious, blood everywhere, and Dana crying for Xavier to wake up and save her.

But bitch you aren't getting saved, not today, not tomorrow, not ever. You're my rag doll from this day forward and until I want to get rid of her, she will be all scars and bruises.

Scars? Oh sorry, excuse my autocorrect. I mean cuts because I won't give her the time of day to heal, she doesn't deserve that.

"Might want to stop Legend, you might kill the 'poor' man," Lance laughs harshly, sarcastically saying poor. Legend stops only when Xavier becomes unconscious. Legend steps back, a smirk on his face and only a light layer of sweat on his forehead. Like damn..

He turns around and looks at me. I swear he can hear my stomach fluttering, and how damn good he looks right now.. he's driving me and the butterflies crazy.

"Babe-" the butterflies get even more crazier at the nickname he has given me. "I'm hungry, can we go eat?" Those simple words makes a grin settle on my lips, and I run towards him, his hands gripping my thighs as I wrap my legs around his waist, kissing his face all over again, not even caring about his sweat.

"Anything for you." I say with the same smile on my face. He looks proud as he walks away from the artwork of a broken man, chains still on his unconscious body. Lance follows suit, a smirk on his face and I grin at my fifteen year old boy. I'm so happy I had adopted him, even if the papers weren't real. Oh.. I forgot to tell you, yeah well when Xavier and I got into an argument he showed me the papers were fake, and Lance found out the same time I did. But he's still my son.

"I'm sorry for losing control darling, but he hurt you, and I wasn't going to let him get away with it." We walk up a set of stairs, his hand on the small of my back while the other is on my thigh, keeping me hoisted up do I don't fall on the cement ground.

"Don't sweat it," I giggle at the pun, looking at his sweaty forehead. He chuckles, shaking his head as we open the door to a kitchen and he sets me on the counter.

"I have to go to a meeting about the war, it was nice seeing you guys and I love you mom," Lance kisses my forehead, giving a manly hug to Legend before walking out, his suit un-wrinkled. Legend smiles at the boy, grabbing a water bottle out of the refrigerator before turning to me.

"When can I punch Xavier again?"

-

I shut my eyes, laying on the couch as the tv replays the human television shows. My face is snuggled into the pillow and I pull the soft purple blanket closer to my lips as I hear Legend downstairs, punching Xavier once again.

We left Lance's pack around three days ago and they have brought Xavier and Dana to our pack, their in the pack house basement in the cells, and I haven't touched Dana, I'm letting her feel the calm before the storm- haha, sorry. If the calm is watch your boyfriend get beat up in front of your eyes.

I feel someone's presence and I notice its one of an Alpha so I turn around and see my father, looking at me with a small smile. "Heard Legend punching and decided to help." He holds up his bloody knuckles and I smile softly at my father, even if we do have arguments all the time, I can't help but love him.

"Thanks daddy," I grin and he smiles as he sits down in the carpet in front of the couch. He sighs as he runs a hand through his hair and leans his head back against the couch, looking up at me sadly.

"I'm sorry baby girl, I should've protected you and been there for you but instead I was calling you fat and-" he looks down, putting his face in his hands, the wrinkles more noticeable now than usual. "I'm a horrible person and I'm very sorry my little girl, I love you so much and it's horrible for what I had done to you." His lips are set in a frown and I see tears glistening in his eyes.

Something I haven't seen since my mother had died, and he was watching it happen, not being able to stop it as his body was chained up with wolfsbane around his body.

I wrap my arms around him, dropping to the floor quickly and pull him to me, tears falling onto my shoulder from his delicate eyes. I feel his pain of what he had done, and for some reason, I'm turning into a more forgiving person towards my family. Key word, my family.

"Daddy it's okay, I'll always be here for you. I understand and I forgive you, don't worry," my lips kiss his forehead in a loving way. He's my father and the pain in knowing that at one time I thought he was dead, and would never come back, envelopes me. I know that he loves me, and that he doesn't mean what he says.

A daughter needs a father, and her mother, but sometimes life throws stuff at you, and you either have both, one, or none.

-

OMG I'm going to cry! I know how it feels to grow up with just one parent. My dad died when I was 7 and my mom has.. never mind, that's a story for another time or never. Just know its not good. I don't want sympathy though.

Anywho! Comment and Vote on how you felt about this chappy, or the whole book!

Much love💕

Hails🐢💜