Chapter Twenty Three "London, London Chants."

Xavier's Pov-
8-11-17

"Alpha I have some papers for you to.." My bloodshot eyes look up at the guard, my face and mind is now void of emotions, my wolf connection is gone and I'm practically a rogue now, except they can feel what their wolf can, and me?

I can only feel physical pain.

"For me to what?" My voice is deeper than usual, cracky due to lack of sleep.

"Check over.. Do you like this new pack sir?" The guard asks, signaling where I am.

They put me deep in the mountains, in the coldest region to fit my new, cold emotions. It's devoid of activity or any pack work so I need to gather more people.. I don't know how though, because I'm a walking zombie.

"It's fine, hand me the papers and you'll be excused for the rest of the day." I say, grabbing the papers from his hand and waving him off.

"Are you sure sir? I mean, that's great but the whole day off?"

"Spend it with your family." I wave him off again, and he nods shutting the door behind him.

I only have one hundred pack members, I have to analyze each one before they enter and become a member. It's rough work, especially without my wolf to help determine if they're good or not.

They don't call me Alpha of War anymore, because I no longer am the alpha of that pack.

They now call me Alpha of Pain.

And I'll live up to it.

-

I'm walking around, my black uniform shines brilliantly against the white, crest fallen snow. The coldness, yet soft brilliant gentle drops of the snowflakes, remind me of Paris in a strange way.

She was so kind and soft, yet evil and cold.

I loved her, but I killed her.

She ruined me, I ruined her.

Easy payback, awful future.

My mind clears from my thoughts as somebody runs into me. I look down to see a younger girl, full of life in my strange, deadly pack.

She smiles up at me with bright grey eyes, dimples appear on the corners of her lips, her black hair cascades behind her in waves. She wears a white t-shirt to match the snow around us, and black jeans to match the deadliness of the pack. She has on black converse, her skinny body is tipping on the heels and tiptoes of her feet.

Back and forth, back and forth, back and-

"I'm sorry Alpha for running into you, I didn't even see you to be honest.. I was looking at the ground while running. I had just had the best thought in the world! Did you know that-" her happiness shines brightly throughout her, lighting me up with a candle, letting warm beds explode through me as I calmly let her ramble on about something I do not know. As I am, not paying attention.

"How old are you?" I ask her, as she looks down at her feet with a small grin from whatever she was talking about.

She looks up at me confused, her eyes still lit up all happily.

"I'm twenty, Alpha." She speaks, looking at me carefully to wait to see why I had wanted to know.

"Name?" I ask again, curiously as I push the snow off a bench and sit down, her body shivering from no jacket.

"London, London Chants." She says with a small smile and she moves to stand next to the bench, not daring to sit beside me.

"Sit London." I say, moving over so there's enough room and she follows my orders, sitting down and holding her arms to warm them as she shakes.

I look at her with my cold eyes, watching her body shiver from the snow. "Do you know what happened to my mate?" I asked her, watching her carefully.

"You killed her, people on the frontline of that day said that you choked her, others said you dug your claws into her and took her piece by piece, some said you took a sword and killed her. But nobody really knows, all we know is she is dead and you were the person who killed her." London says, watching my features closely.

But I show nothing, after all I'm the Alpha of Pain now, I'm not allowed to show emotions according to the sir, and I'm not allowed to rein my pack with someone, but he won't know as long as it's secretive. Right?

"Are you scared of me?" I ask her, looking at her beautiful eyes.

"No. You had a reason, everybody has a reason, and as the story goes, you're all alone now, you're not allowed to feel, you're not allowed to love, and you're not allowed to have anyone help you in life. But that's not fair, she hurt you. You shouldn't have to suffer for such a complex situation." She says, looking straight ahead with each word she speaks.

She's so beautiful, she's nothing like Paris. She's more passionate with each word, more quiet and shy but a little out going, she's not a huge rebel but her style is.

"I'm twenty-eight, have you met your mate?" I ask her, looking down at my sneakers.

"I went to the Moon Goddess in the chapel, and I spoke to her because everyone else has found their mate. She said mine fell in love with the wrong person.. I cried for months." Her voice is in a painful whisper, as she looks at the concrete with sadness.

"We all fall in love with the wrong person, but the right person is out there somewhere." I whisper to her, and she smiles before laying her head on my leather jacket that covers my shoulders.

Her body is still shivering from the cold, and I look at her closely, as she freezes in the snow just to stay with me, because she knows I need it.

So I do the one wrong thing, that I know will lead me to my trouble. I take my jacket off, and I wrap it around her before pulling her close and hugging her, feeling her warmth and happiness settle into my brain before I stand up and walk away.