Chapter Twenty-One "Xavier talk to me."

Paris's Pov-
7-1-17

My body runs towards Xavier's without even knowing what it's doing. He picks me up as I wrap my legs around him and I hug him tightly to me.

My Xavier, and will always be mine.

"Paris, get off of him. That's not your mate. I'm your mate." Legend says angrily but I ignore the warrior who stands beside us, and I hug onto my Alpha.

"Thank you so much," I whisper against his shoulder. I feel him nod as he hugs me tighter, not letting me go.

"I will let you fight, but you need nutrition and you need to be fully healthy by tomorrow morning. Okay?" He asks and I nod, feeling a little nervous.

What if I'm not healthy by tomorrow morning?

I need to fight, I have to.

It's my duty.

He sets me down, back onto the wooden floors and I look up to see Legend looking back at me, his eyes hurt.

"Paris I'm sorry that I-" I hold a hand up before turning to him and hugging him tightly. If he's truly my mate, I need to forgive him.

"I missed you," I whisper into his ear and I feel a wet drop fall onto my shoulder, noticing that the warrior disguised as a omega is crying on me. His mate.

"Paris I'm so sorry, I just.. I feel horrible. I was evil and I-" I peck his lips, hugging him more tightly before pulling away, looking at the people who's closest to me.

Xavier stands, looking at me with the powerful gaze I've always loved, admired.

"Well Alpha, you should go to sleep if you're going to fight tomorrow morning," Xavier says quietly, strictly. I nod, knowing he's already found who I've picked to be mine for life.

I'm sorry..

-

"Wake up sunshine," Legend says and I feel a little disappointed to not find Xavier saying this to me, but I shake it off, looking at Legend with a small smile.

I feel brand new, strong and healthy.

"When do we leave?" I ask him and he looks down at his watch, a frown showing on his simple features.

"Twenty minutes.. We'll be attacking in forty so you might want to get around love." I nod and he leaves, leaving me to stand up and stretch my arms.

I walk to the closet, grabbing my black battle suit, bullet proof everywhere except my arms and head of course.

I pull my hair into a tight braid, looking at my face that looks healthy now. Of course I have scars, mentally and a few physically but they're small and they don't even have stories behind them because I don't remember them.

"Paris, Xavier and Legend are waiting downstairs for you, along with the soldiers." A guard tells me and I nod my head, walking behind him as we walk downstairs.

Why wouldn't Xavier come see me? He did let me fight after all.. But why not come tell me anything, how happy he is to see me, why not?

Why doesn't he care?

"Paris, an honor," a general says before bowing down with the rest of the soldiers. I smile warmly at them, something has changed me and I'm glad.

It's for the best if I want to start a family, right?

"Xavier," I whisper looking at him. But he isn't looking at me, his green eyes that I loved so much are staring outside the window, his jaw clenched, his eyes bloodshot.

What happened to him overnight?

"Xavier talk to me," I put my hand on his arm and his eyes snap to it, angrily.

"You shouldn't touch any other man unless it's a shake of a business hand. You have a mate, have some respect for him." I look at him with wide eyes.

I thought we could be friends..

As I turn my head, none of the soldiers are watching, their all in their own conversations, except Legend who looks at me with a warm, welcoming smile. He's just waiting for me to run to him, why is he so caring?

"Xavier I'm sorry but I'm not your mate anymore. It's for the best," I whisper, taking my hand off of his arm, and turning around.

"What you believe is the best is completely different from what I think," he whispers before walking away.

I look at Legend as he nods his head, signaling that it's okay for me to run to him, which makes me feel weak. But I'm only one person after all.

"Do you know where he'd go?" I whisper to Legend, as he hugs me tightly, rubbing my back. The soldiers leave the room, giving us privacy as they begin to line up outside.

"No one ever knows where he will go, Xavier has always been a single person, but you need to understand how much pain he feels. He still had the bond because he was the one who bit you, he still feels everything even though he shouldn't. His wolf is telling his mind to stay, but his mind is pushing you away. We've chained him, beat him, we've ruined him. Why would he stay? Especially when you only leave him, creating more pain. Think about it love, sometimes you need to stay, but you don't want to, while other times, when you want to stay, you can't." Legend lets go after one final squeeze, leaving me standing there to ponder over my thoughts. And what I have done.